Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

New METROPOLIS release.

healvis

Alphans
I was lucky enough to view the new release of Metropolis(dvd version). It gets released on 22nd November 2010. I must say it looks very clean and they have done an excellent job getting the contrast to look correct. Also included are 25 minutes of footage thought lost which has been edited into the film. The new previously lost footage is pretty damaged and was only from a 16mm print, so you can spot clearly where it has been edited into the film. Some of the scenes look like they were shot yesterday they are so clean and the Blu-ray release which I haven't seen yet is a pristine new 1080p transfer so it should look stunning. Recommended.:thumbup:

Dorzac

Alphans
Got this on order today. Bought the blu-ray, although dunno how good a blu-ray could be from a 1920's film!

HUNCH

Alphans
I watched it in hi def streaming here in the states and it looks great. Its a much more rounded film with the newly found elements added in, even though they are in rough shape. A real treat.