Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

New Modelling Book

mack29

Alphans
Please may I heartily recommend a new book on figure and diorama building due for publication in February 2010. I know the author personally and I'm sure he'd be very upset if you didn't buy a copy :)

Take care,

Barry

Fun Pod

Alphans
:lol: Well done, Barry - I'll support this latest addition to the growing library published by this fine title :thumbup:

Last edited:

Wardster

Alphans
Looks good, Barry! Very good. Definitely on my list of new issues to pick up -- but then again, I've been a fan of their publications ever since the first magazines they did back in the 1990s: so anything they publish immediately goes onto my "must eventually buy" lists; and stays on my "keep 'em nice, and love to re-read them at intervals" lists. :)

Is that cool-looking rocket in the right corner of the cover the new Apollo 27 spaceship from Pegasus?

Any dioramas in there involving people's pets eating parts of people's kits? (He asks, tongue-in-cheek ... having been told I wasn't the only SF&FM author to have that fate recently befall me!)

-- Ward Shrake --

Last edited:

mack29

Alphans
Hi Ward,

Mike has told me of your unfortunate incident, mine will be featured in volume 16 of the mag in January. Fortunately I was able to re-cast rather than reclaim. Mind you now that my dog knows she's going to be featured in the next issue she wont go out for a walk without asking for an appearance fee :)

By the way, that is the Pegasus Apollo 27 with seriously kit bashed interior to make it 1:48 rather than the intended 1:72. The idea behind the diorama was to create an alternative history set at the end of WWII where both sides of the conflict have started to introduce manned rockets for combat purposes.

Take care,

Barry

Wardster

Alphans
Mike has told me of your unfortunate incident, mine will be featured in volume 16 of the mag in January. Fortunately I was able to re-cast rather than reclaim.

Looks like mine will get its chance, in the 17th volume. (In whenever: April? I've lost track some time ago, what with all the simultaneous builds I have going on, since finishing up #14's SHADO Jet.)

I look forward to reading about your CAME ("Canine-Assisted Modelling Experience") story. I've always enjoyed the welcomely-unexpected sense of humor found in your articles; and that article of yours in #16 is one I'm really looking forward to, on several levels now. (And, to get back on topic: the humor in your writing is another reason for me to look forward to your book; besides the interesting topics and the skills being demonstrated.)

Mind you now that my dog knows she's going to be featured in the next issue she wont go out for a walk without asking for an appearance fee :)

Ha! That's hilarious! Mine hasn't let the experience go to her head -- her stomach maybe, but not to her head. Luckily, the box art was tastier than the kit, so there wasn't any "reclaiming" of kit parts necessary. Just lots of repairs made, to fix the many APDH ("Armor-Peircing Doggie Hits") on the armor of the particular robot in question. Which gave me the excuse to accurize the model, too... which I'd better get back to, before the boss swats me on the knuckles for playing hookie instead of building things!

-- Ward Shrake --

mack29

Alphans
Glad to hear the sense of humour is appreciated. It is always difficult to judge whether what you hear in your head translates to the written word.