Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

New Original Thunderbirds episodes

forza27

Alphans
Hi, did anyone contribute towards the three new episodes just released. I have the DVD and thought they were great and totally in keeping with the look and ethos of the originals.

What did you think?

TVC21

Alphans
Hi, did anyone contribute towards the three new episodes just released. I have the DVD and thought they were great and totally in keeping with the look and ethos of the originals.

What did you think?

Yes I made Scott, Ned Cook, and the bearded Hood. I also sculpted the normal Hood. Glad you like `em!

elder7uk

Alphans
Yes I made Scott, Ned Cook, and the bearded Hood. I also sculpted the normal Hood. Glad you like `em!

I've seen the new episodes as a backer,and the whole production is a credit to everyone involved.

And I should not have been surprised that seeing how many forum members there are with a great deal of skill,that one of them would not have been involved with this project.

Impressive indeed sir.Very well done.

Dorzac

Alphans
Yeah, I was a original backer on Kickstater, still waiting for mine tho - impatiently, as I've seen the trailers on YT! I also believe Stephen La Riviera, the "brains" behind this, is on this forum as Masterspy. As I've said, seen only the YT clips, but they look like they were made in the 1960's, and you can't say a better compliment than that I reckon.

Last edited:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Credit Where Credit Is Due...

:yes::2c:

Well said...

:notworthy:

ADD: saw the documentary on YT - simply wonderful!

I've seen the new episodes as a backer,and the whole production is a credit to everyone involved.

And I should not have been surprised that seeing how many forum members there are with a great deal of skill,that one of them would not have been involved with this project.

Impressive indeed sir.Very well done.

Last edited:

hardax

Alphans
Any new when these episodes might be available to the general public for purchase? I missed the Kickstarter campaign but NEED to see these!

Dorzac

Alphans
Any new when these episodes might be available to the general public for purchase? I missed the Kickstarter campaign but NEED to see these!
As I understand it there are no plans or indeed permissions for a general release, I imagine its similar to the stuff you get from Fanderson which has a limited license for an initial run and that's it. I assume ITC will own the rights to it, so I wondered if they ever do a re-issue of the main Thunderbirds series box set whether these could be included. Hard to see them do a standalone one. Licensing can be such a minefield.

ac-60

Alphans
I loved the episodes aside from one thing - the bomb in Penny's home... we zoom in, the tension mounts... and we never see/hear of it again. Either don't show it or have a sequence of it failing to explode. There are other minor niggles in Stately Homes but it would be churlish to mention them as overall the three episodes are fab!

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Hearing is (Also) Believing...

Recently, on the ever-surprising Thunderbirds Wiki, I clicked on Videos, just out of curiosity to see what might be there. There were some very short clips (minute-plus or so) from the new show; and then there were what looked to be the 3 original 1960s "mini-albums" that served as the basis for TB65...!

Well, of course I had to try one, and chose Introducing Thunderbirds. It was split into 2 segments of about 10-1/2 minutes each. Just closed my eyes, and listened; rather like a sort of radio-play, where one supplies one's own pictures. Credit where credit's due, both to a solid script, and to that great vocal talent! :yes: A gentle clash of cultures, with glimpses of things to come...

I've stated elsewhere that I'm hopeful that TB65 will eventually find its way to a greater audience (pretty-please? :pray:); but for now, at least, the source material is there to be enjoyed - and, I did! :wub:

http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/File:Introducing_Thunderbirds_Part_1

http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/File:Introducing_Thunderbirds_Part_2

Jonathan E

Alphans
As I understand it there are no plans or indeed permissions for a general release, I imagine its similar to the stuff you get from Fanderson which has a limited license for an initial run and that's it. I assume ITC will own the rights to it, so I wondered if they ever do a re-issue of the main Thunderbirds series box set whether these could be included. Hard to see them do a standalone one. Licensing can be such a minefield.

I'm sad to say that the Thunderbirds 1965 DVDs/BluRays have already been ripped and are unfortunately availble to download from various torrent sites. :thumbdown:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
:2c:

Sad indeed. That said - and in view of Dorzac's observations - it would seem all the more to make the case that there ought to be a means provided that could make TB65 available to all who'd like to obtain them, by proper and legitimate means.

Has an opportunity been missed here, somehow?

I'm sad to say that the Thunderbirds 1965 DVDs/BluRays have already been ripped and are unfortunately availble to download from various torrent sites. :thumbdown:

Dorzac

Alphans
Inevitable I suppose. I also noticed a few blu-rays have made their way to ebay and are selling for £80+ ...

forza27

Alphans
Such a shame but I guess it was bound to happen. Anyway....fantastic effort to all involved....kept me smiling all night. Innocent times relived for an hour or two.

Top work people..Thank you all so much. :thumbup::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbup:

Dorzac

Alphans
Well, I received my goodies a few days ago, and just watched the first episode. Introducing Thunderbirds. Splendid stuff, it was so seamless with the original series footage used, particularly liked the FAB1 launch from the yacht. HD quality is superb, I think my only downside was the nature of the original radio episode which wasn't a classic adventure in the Thunderbirds sense. But still enjoyed it, especially Parker's utterances! Gonna pace my self, will watch the next episode tomorrow ... but to the team who put all this together - a big FAB!

Dorzac

Alphans
I loved the episodes aside from one thing - the bomb in Penny's home... we zoom in, the tension mounts... and we never see/hear of it again. Either don't show it or have a sequence of it failing to explode. There are other minor niggles in Stately Homes but it would be churlish to mention them as overall the three episodes are fab!
Watched the last of the three last night. Have to say Abominable was best for me, but in regards to TSH I had the same thought myself - what happened to the bomb in Penny's Mansion! I also couldn't understand why earlier on Parker offered to shoot down the Helijet but Penelope didn't want her valuables destroyed, but when they had the Crown Jewels it was shot down without a pause... and everything miraculously survives! Still, again as you said, niggles really to what was a triumph of a project.