Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

New Original Thunderbirds episodes

sliuman

Forum Supporter
Sadly, I didn't manage to get my act together when the Kickstarter campaign was underway, but I was able to order the Blu-ray when some became available from the producers a few weeks back. I'm pleased that I did!

Got it yesterday and I'm thoroughly impressed. Was like jumping back in time. Making visual what was originally just an audio presentation, was a stroke of genius and they did as superb job. Getting clearances for the use of original footage weaved into the storyline just makes it even more authentic.

We'll probably not see anything like this ever again. It's a shame I couldn't have been part of the production as a backer. That must be a real thrill for those that did to know they are part of TV history!

All in though, this is one Blu-ray that will never be leaving for eBay!

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Back to the Balcony: Two Become Three!

This just in:

The Stately Homes Robberies: https://securityhazard.wordpress.com/2016/06/13/thunderbirds-1965-the-stately-homes-robberies/

Now that the TB65 episodes are out and about, the reviews are coming in...! :clap:

These have arrived in my recent e-mail (via the GA website newsletter); perhaps some hereabouts have seen them as well...

Introducing Thunderbirds: https://securityhazard.wordpress.co...derbirds/?mc_cid=a9d27a219c&mc_eid=369a468245

The Abominable Snowman: https://securityhazard.wordpress.co...-snowman/?mc_cid=c8eafc84eb&mc_eid=369a468245

Dave

Alphans
Interesting. I saw a load of them at a Toy Collectors Fair at the NEC in Birmingham - all copies.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
:pray: Still wish we might yet see these become available for any all all, through truly legitimate means...there's a market out there! :yes:

Dorzac

Alphans
I just had an update email from The Kickstarter guys, detailing the fact they are still up to things, some interesting pics (and a Lego Thunderbird 1 LOL!), so I've PDF'd the email and added it here...

Attachments

• Kickstarter Jan 2017.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 64

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Picture This! (And This, and That...*sigh*)

:2c:

Thanks so much for this terrific PDF (will be treating myself to all the links listed at the end, later on! ;) )...

Wonderful pictures throughout, of a truly unique art form that is STILL very much alive and kicking!! :yes:

I just had an update email from The Kickstarter guys, detailing the fact they are still up to things, some interesting pics (and a Lego Thunderbird 1 LOL!), so I've PDF'd the email and added it here...

Last edited:

dwomby

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the PDF.

I do wish there was a legitimate way to buy copies of the Thunderbirds 1965 episodes!

David

Dorzac

Alphans
Another Kickstarter email received today detailing their involvement in the recent Halifax adverts; thought i'd share again, so PDF attached! :)

Attachments

• Kickstarter 106.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

boatshewsd2

Alphans
The Supermarionation Saga Continues...!

:2c:

And yet another great read! (And, new links to investigate...)

I was especially gratified to read that closing paragraph or two - hope remains eternal! :pray:

Thank You again, for sharing this with all of us! :yes:

Another Kickstarter email received today detailing their involvement in the recent Halifax adverts; thought i'd share again, so PDF attached! :)

Dorzac

Alphans
New Kickstarter email today - mainly about a new DVD/Blu-ray release of the Century21/Slough documentary.

Attachments

• Kickstarter - 110.pdf
    613 KB · Views: 14

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Back into a Future Time...

:eek: :clap:

Just saw this; also, info over on Century 21 Films Store site - did I read that right, that DVDs/BRys will be region-free? :think:

That is, I'll be able to watch it on a DVD (on my computer), here in the States?? :pray: :pray: :pray:

If so, then - YIPPEE!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Update: ordered it tonight (local)! :D

:eek: :clap:

Just saw this; also, info over on Century 21 Films Store site - did I read that right, that DVDs/BRys will be region-free? :think:

That is, I'll be able to watch it on a DVD (on my computer), here in the States?? :pray: :pray: :pray:

If so, then - YIPPEE!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Dorzac

Alphans
Kickstarter Email today ...

Thunderbirds Day - 1 Week Away!

Posted by Stephen La Rivière
Sep 22, 2019

Hello!
Just a brief update to remind everyone that our Thunderbirds Day live YouTube stream is fast approaching - and once again we've been privileged to produce new Thunderbirds in association with ITV. Filmed in Supermarionation, naturally.

The day will represent a chance not only to see the 50th anniversary episodes, but three brand new adaptations of the mini-albums for Trapped in the Sky, End of the Road and Vault of Death. Additionally, we'll be presenting interviews, archive footage and brand new idents to link the programmes together.

The stream kicks off on the Century 21 Films YouTube Channel on September 30th at 9am UK time and runs on a loop until midnight. And, as the 30th is a Monday, we're rerunning the stream the following weekend on the 5th and 6th October (again 9am until midnight) - so hopefully everyone will get a chance to tune in.

You can keep up-to-date with the latest developments via our Facebook Page and Twitter Account.
You can also find out more information about our current work on our website Century 21 Films.

September 30th also marks our fifth anniversary! Filmed in Supermarionation was premiered at the BFI on September 30th 2014. And we're pleased to say that our Supermarionation work continues. Not only are we working on Thunderbirds Day, but we have new productions in the pipeline too.

We hope to bring you more information on our new projects soon. After years of getting to this point, we hope that the next production will be the one we've been working towards all this time.

That's all for now.
Hope to see you all on Thunderbirds Day!
Over and out...

Last edited:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Thunderbirds Day 2019 - Countdown Is On!

:2c: :lol:

It's almost here - September 30, and this yr's Thunderbirds Day celebration!

:wub:

Be sure to convert the time(s) for your area - believe that's a 1-am kickoff, out here on the West Coast (gonna be a long night! :zzz:), but I can't really imagine being anywhere else...

I mean, Scott on Thunderbird 5 - what more could you want!? Let's tune in, and see...!

:dance:, :dance:, :dance:, :dance:, :dance: - Thunderbirds Day is GO!

https://www.century21films.co.uk/#/thunderbirds-day-2019/

tryptych

Alphans
I have to say, this is Fanderson through and through.
There are many people that feel aggrieved by that bunch, and all this "exclusive" stuff makes a rod for their own back.

People don't want to join their little clique, and then La Rivière and co wonder why their stuff gets pirated.

Either make the stuff available to the general public or suffer the consequences.