Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

New Sci Fi Air Show Image

BillG.SF

Alphans
I'm planning a new Eagle section to the Sci Fi Air Show that should be up on my site in the next few months. In the meantime I wanted to share this new Eagle image with the group.
Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

• eaglemoon1920X1200.jpg
    eaglemoon1920X1200.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 292

EddieL

Alphans
Welcome Bill. You are among many of your admirers here. :yes:

Thanks for posting the update and thanks for all the work you do on your amazing Sci Fi Airshow.

If you wouldn't mind, could you give us more details of what goes into what you do and how you do it? It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Eddie

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
That's CGI man... :)

The Background might be CGI but the Eagle itself should be the big model Darkview mentioned. I believe that all the images on his superb website are done using physical models enhanced with other images, real or CGI, in his computer.

BillG.SF

Alphans
Nope, It's a model, very close to 88 inches in length. It's only detailed on one side so for the down view on the moon I had to flip the model around to get a second pass of the reverse details. The stairway I did model in the computer. My solution to how the rather clunky steps would retract into the base of the passenger module was to treat is as an accordion mechanism. The FG moon surface under the Eagle is grey grout and the distant moon surface is cobbled together from NASA stills. I'm working on another Eagle project now that I'm having a lot of fun with.

Attachments

• eagle_garage1.jpg
    eagle_garage1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 150
  • eagle2a.jpg
    eagle2a.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 112
  • eagle5.JPG
    eagle5.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 129

akoenig

Alphans
Nope, It's a model, very close to 88 inches in length.

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Nope, It's a model, very close to 88 inches in length. It's only detailed on one side so for the down view on the moon I had to flip the model around to get a second pass of the reverse details. The stairway I did model in the computer. My solution to how the rather clunky steps would retract into the base of the passenger module was to treat is as an accordion mechanism. The FG moon surface under the Eagle is grey grout and the distant moon surface is cobbled together from NASA stills. I'm working on another Eagle project now that I'm having a lot of fun with.

Brilliant work but Are you ever tempted to finish the eagle completely :think:

_OM_

Alphans
Brilliant work but Are you ever tempted to finish the eagle completely :think:

...Are you kidding? It'll spoil the look when it's donated to the NASM and the guys at U-H slap duct tape on the undetailed side and spray it white before putting it on display.

Of course, 25 years from now, they'll hire some hack to come do a really *BAD* aztek job on it, but by then most of us won't be around to suffer through that one...:cry:

:OM:

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Would love to see more raw shots of this big beauty. Was it your intension from the start to only make it in half? Your end results are pure magic.