Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

"New" Thunderbird 2 kit

mack29

Alphans
HLJ are advertising a new TB2 kit

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04443

The kit features "accurately scaled and detailed TB-2" along with TBs 1, 4 5 and the mole.

When I sent an e-mail to them asking if it was a re-issue of the old "big" TB2 with rubber wheels I got a response saying that the kit was approx 12" with rubber tyres, but they did not have a copy of the old kit to compare it with.

Unless anyone else knows any better, I can't help but assume it is just a straight re-issue of the old kit. In which case "accurately scaled and detailed TB-2" is probably best reported under the Trade Descriptions Act :)

TonyB

Forum Supporter
I would be very surprised if the 'new' kit is not just a re-issue of an older Imai kit in new packaging. Based on the image shown on HLJ page, the box artwork is being recycled with a new company logo.

Bishop

Alphans
You know, if TB5 was sitting in the sky about that far above where I was standing I'd be running for my life before she hit the ground... This must be the Tardis pod with Tb4 and the Mole both emerging from it.

I would have thought it's a reissue of the accurate 1/350 Thunderbird 2 but with nostalgic artwork. Surely Aoshima must realise that the older Imai kits with wheels etc don't go down too well with fans now???

I have this kit, the TB2 is nice, although the wrong colour. The pod sucks, but you can easily rebuild it... :)

Bishop, this is precisely the kit I have.

The TB1 and TB5 are rubbish. TB1 is too small and it has wheels to move along a table!? The TB5 is (understandably) too small as well.

George

Bishop

Alphans
Thanks for the answer to my question on your other thread (wow that was quick... or we are crossing threads and answering questions)

Thanks for the answer to my question on your other thread (wow that was quick... or we are crossing threads and answering questions)

Probably :D

News on my TB2: I've converted the pod floor so then it fits the Konami models which I have (except the transmitter truck) but never the Chara Wheels models.

George

HLJ are advertising a new TB2 kit

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04443

The kit features "accurately scaled and detailed TB-2" along with TBs 1, 4 5 and the mole.

When I sent an e-mail to them asking if it was a re-issue of the old "big" TB2 with rubber wheels I got a response saying that the kit was approx 12" with rubber tyres, but they did not have a copy of the old kit to compare it with.

Unless anyone else knows any better, I can't help but assume it is just a straight re-issue of the old kit. In which case "accurately scaled and detailed TB-2" is probably best reported under the Trade Descriptions Act :)

Ever heard of the old saying,beware of false advertisements.:read: