Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Next James Bond?

karr1981

Assistant Commander
Staff member
So With Daniel Craig confirmed for the next Bond film, I wonder who people think may be the next Bond after Daniel?

Jason Statham? would certainly add a unique twist to the bond role lol

no i think clive owen would be a great james bond after all the original novel discribes james bond as being dark haird not blond i hat the way the new bond films are going they are to over the top it not the way MI6 would opperate

starshine

Alphans
Next James Bond? Not sure. I don't think Daniel Craig has made enough Bond movies yet, for that to happen.

starshine

Alphans
So With Daniel Craig confirmed for the next Bond film, I wonder who people think may be the next Bond after Daniel?

Jason Statham? would certainly add a unique twist to the bond role lol
Who's Jason Statham? Could you kindly post a photo? Thanks! :)

My problem with the recent Daniel Craig films is not the actor but the 'reboot' idea. Part of what made the films work for me is a richness of history. When you saw Bond in action, you thought about all the things he had already accomplished. He may be battling a drug lord now, but this is the same guy who conquored a hollow volcano lair and saved the world countless times. Not the same actor, but the same character.
To totally dump all that history and start over was like a slap in the face. Now he was just another spy with a new story to tell. it reduced the epic franchise to a common level with a pretentious title. Bond was no longer Bond, but a new guy defining himself.
It may be trivial and most will disagree, I am sure Daniel Craig is a fine actor. The only part of the new rebooted series I have seen was Bond getting his nuts smashed flat repeatedly, not a fair guide to an actor's ability but it was on at a friend's house. I have not really boycotted the new films, they just do not interest me whatsoever. There are more films out there I want to see and do not have the time or funds to do so.

Howard

Forum Supporter
Hell, if there's a steady pay check in it I'll dress up and play Moneypenny.

I think Craig still has a couple of films left in him, although I didn't think much of Quantum of Solace, although I did enjoy the Bond character arc taken from the previous film and continued a little.

Roger Moore was great, Ok he's not exactly the way the books are but he certainly has the charisma and voice, he's not connery but a great actor, not just one dimensional like many think eithier, see North Sea Hijack

phicks

Alphans
By the time he is in his 30s or 40s, consider Daniel Radcliffe as Bond. He has the dark smouldering looks, and he can really act.

I agree with Mr. Baker,I think that Daniel Craig wasn't an affortunated election for the role,and the new rethinking of the James Bond character utterly inadequated.