Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Next week on 'TOP GEAR'! ...

Fun Pod

Alphans
JMChladek said:
OH man, if I could find a decent shot of the STIG to do a screen capture of, it would fit PERFECTLY into an Eagle cockpit. He is wearing a helmet and a white firesuit afterall (which sort of looks like a space suit). :D

:jest:

JD

Alphans
:rofl: "Coming up on Gambon... OH, AND HE'S CARTERED IT!! HE'S CARTERED IT!!...and there's a footpad, rolling into the tall grass."

paul gray

Forum Supporter
absolutely brilliant Fun Pod. JD, i like the expression " he's Cartered it ",very apt.
cheers Paul

JMChladek

Alphans
"Some say he is one of Victor Bergman's experiments gone horribly wrong. Others say he is Maya's ex-lover. All we know is he is called...The STIG." :rofl:

captainjamie

Alphans
:rofl: :notworthy: :rofl: :notworthy: :clap:

Wonderful. Brilliant. Awesome.

I've laughed myself sore and silly in the office seeing this. Colleagues think I've lost it completely.

And Cartered is classic. Has to be a new entry in the lexicon, as in

"Oh Zarquon! I've Cartered the mail server again!"

:rofl: :notworthy: :rofl: :notworthy: :clap:

JMChladek

Alphans
Clarkson: On tonight's Top Gear Challenge, we attempt to fly...from Alpha...to the Apollo 11 landing site with used Eagles that only cost us...5000 pounds.

Hammond: And along the way we will be issued some tasks...as if buying a 5000 quid Eagle that hasn't been totally clapped out by Alan Carter's joy riding isn't challenging enough.

May: True, because as you all know, there will be penalties for each time we have to open the bonnet to work on our Eagles enroute. I assume you two have made out your wills? I know I have.

:twisted:

JMChladek said:
"Some say he is one of Victor Bergman's experiments gone horribly wrong. Others say he is Maya's ex-lover. All we know is he is called...The STIG." :rofl:

Or may be Dione's arch rival from Planet Delta ? :think:

JMChladek

Alphans
Air Terrainean said:
Or may be Dione's arch rival from Planet Delta ? :think:

Nawww, that would be the Black STIG (the one the Top Gear guys launched off a cliff as I understand it, although I haven't seen the episode). ;)

CR

Alphans
Thanks for the bump, JD!
I can't believe I forgot to mention this when it was new, but this was--and remains--one of my favourite Fun Pod pics! I was just discovering Top Gear back then, and laughed out loud at the image.
Has anyone thought to forward it to the Top Gear crew?