Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Onion Pattern Quilted Vinyl

mimrie

Alphans
I've happened upon a couple of potential sources of material similar to that used in the Anderson productions.

1. Vintage waste baskets (and laundry baskets). I think the white one below is as close as you'll get to the original material and dates from the same period, unfortunately already sold. The Gold one sadly has a secondary surface texture but is on sale on ETSY at the moment. The baskets are 13 inches high by 10.5 inches wide which makes the material about the same scale as the on-screen stuff.

2. Very much second best are these china storage bags; the pattern looks similar and is about the right size but overall just looks a little cheap and nasty. I think I've seen the same material used in covers for washing machines.

Mick

Attachments

• WhiteBasket.jpg
    WhiteBasket.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 23
  • GoldenBasket.jpg
    GoldenBasket.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 12
  • ChinaStorage.jpg
    ChinaStorage.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 11

nialle46

Forum Supporter
I've happened upon a couple of potential sources of material similar to that used in the Anderson productions.

1. Vintage waste baskets (and laundry baskets). I think the white one below is as close as you'll get to the original material and dates from the same period, unfortunately already sold. The Gold one sadly has a secondary surface texture but is on sale on ETSY at the moment. The baskets are 13 inches high by 10.5 inches wide which makes the material about the same scale as the on-screen stuff.

2. Very much second best are these china storage bags; the pattern looks similar and is about the right size but overall just looks a little cheap and nasty. I think I've seen the same material used in covers for washing machines.

Mick

Yes, good spot, thanks for the heads up, I remember Dave(Faceache) using an iPad cover for his Scott seat which looked great.

mimrie

Alphans
The sewing boxes look really good, the right colour, and there are a few available on ebay at the moment.

Unfortunately, I dont think any of these items will give enough material to cover a TB1 seat in a single run; I think you probably need 11 pattern repeats and more if you're going to fold the end over like the original prop. I suppose you could put a join at the bottom of the backrest.

Thanks for sharing.

Mick