Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Original Space Precinct gun

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi guys,

I've got an original SP gun.
It was given to me at Pinewood Studios during the making of the show.
It is one of the ones made for stunts ect, made from hard foam rubber, but still very detailed.
I took some photos yesterday in the snow/cold, so was quick !!
If you want more, let me know...

Hope you enjoy...

Andy H.

Exterminator

Deputy Commander
Staff member
Hi Andy,

Sorry to keep saying it, but thanks so much for taking the time to post up stuff like this - it's always a pleasure to see original props and models! :thumbup:

Blue Moon

Alphans
Very nice, I just missed out on a hero version of one of these a few years back- doh:cry: still, there's a rumour going round, that SP may get a re-boot SOON! :yes:

Glenn Allen

Alphans
Nice prop , i think i ever saw a couple episodes ... so did not know the used a Beretta as the bases for the gun as you can clearly see... beretta was used a lot in SCI-FI shows and movies .....triva the sidearm used by the aliens in Battlefield Earth was a heavy disguised beretta

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Glenn!
Yes the beretta was used on Battlefield Earth. I designed it to fire at an angle - to give a true flame out the barrel (replica blank firers vent through the top) On Space Precinct however, the flash had to be removed in post production. For further details on the BEgun, check out 'city of glasgow college bill pearson'
All the Best, Bill.

paper2fish

Alphans
Some of my props

Hi

Recently I came across these which was something my mam picked up yrs ago for me.

Prop's used for the chase scenes in Space Precinct. But the 2 vehicles seen in the lower pic2 and the last pic I am unsure and still attempting to source their identification

I'm going to get some close upshots of each vehicle with the lights woking :thumbup:

Enjoy

G

Attachments

• IMG_3360.jpg
    IMG_3360.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3345.jpg
    IMG_3345.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3356.jpg
    IMG_3356.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3353.jpg
    IMG_3353.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3352.jpg
    IMG_3352.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3347.jpg
    IMG_3347.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3344.jpg
    IMG_3344.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3343.jpg
    IMG_3343.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3346.jpg
    IMG_3346.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 24

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Dave you once asked me if I could find some photos of the landing gear for the cruiser, well he seems to have them in his collection.

Andy H.

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Yes I was thinking that, unfortunately the bit I was really interested in seeing was the front landing strut, and he only seems to have the pad on its own.
Do you recognise all the vehicles Andy?

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
As regards the yellow things, to be honest I cant remember, we made so many vehicles to fill up the streets and sky, they do look very Bill Pearson though.

Andy.

paper2fish

Alphans
Sorry all, been busy but I've got a 'bag of bits' which might have a front landing strut.I'll get some pics up over the weekend...hopefully :)
Andy, Were you involved in the props above, I was told you might be able to help with craft identity but you have answered my question. I have messaged Bill via his website but I havent heard anything as of yet.

Amazing bits of kit to look at close up I have to say

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Well there was one large cruiser to begin with, mostly made in heavy Perspex by John Weller.
That was used in a lot of the close ups and motion contol in the first few episodes, but Steve Begg wanted a lighter big one to fly on wires, so I was asked to mould it, which I did, that involved literally geting a hack saw and cutting off the engines, bit scarey...
After it was moulded it was put back together and then continued in the series as a none flying version.
I cast up another much lighter one in thin fibre glass which was used for most of the series.
I cast up another two big ones in very very thin gel coat for blowing up versions. I even had the windscreens made of very brittle sugar glass cos I wanted it to shatter and blow out, but explosion was so big that you never see the widow breaking on screen.

Anyway, The half size cruisers.
The master was carved in wood by Steve Howarth.
Again I moulded it, and cast up about 4 of these, give or take a few spare engines and a few that were ment to be in constuction on the show.
The half size ones were really all ment to be flying ones, all had powered lights through the wires.
Which looks like one of the ones you've got there.

I have to say that all the model work was done by a big team, I was just one off em.

Andy H

Last edited: