Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Paper Thunderbird 2

Gixergs

Alphans
Hi I'm new here and thought I would just post a few pictures of a Paper model I built of Thunderbird 2.The model was designed by Gary Pilsworth and is available as well as many other models free at www.papermodelers.com, you have to be a member to access the downloads but there are many available of all subjects and we're not a bad bunch there.
Some of Gary's UFO models are here in your downloads and these and a few more including the beautiful Stingray can be found here
http://dpileggispicks.com/index.html the first pictures were me just playing silly b's the last few are of the Big G sitting on a scratch built ramp I built due to popular nagging. Hope you like them.:)

Attachments

• tbt1.JPG
    tbt1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 85
  • tbt3.JPG
    tbt3.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 78
  • tbtest.jpg
    tbtest.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 38
  • TB2a.JPG
    TB2a.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 44
  • TB2b.JPG
    TB2b.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 34
  • TB2c.JPG
    TB2c.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 40

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Those links are very handy, thank you.

I had no idea that you could create such complex shapes in paper, you really managed to capture the spirit of a launch and a landing, nice work mate :thumbup:

Gixergs

Alphans
Thank you but as they say "if you like that your love this" not built by me,in fact this is way out of my league but by a legend in the paper model world UHU02's design and build of Aries 1 from 2001 A Space Odessey, features interior and retractable landing gear and really is made all from paper!
Welcome to the world of paper:)

Attachments

• d_2.jpg
    d_2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 37
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

peter taft

Alphans
Great to see the Big G you built my friend, can never get too much of that. It was Dave over on PM Dot Com that started my craving to build this one - I have been doing other builds has you know, but this TB-2 is getting my FULL attention now ;) Glad you posted the links for Gary's models and our PM DOT COM - we might get some guys to here from there, and visa versa.... it's all good, and the more hands that join together, the better and bigger we all become. This place ROCKS... i feel at home already :D

raaoc

Alphans
AWSOME models of Thunderbird 2, HAve you ever given thought to usins the paper model as a template to scratch build one,, either in resin or to use it to make a vac-form one, regardless, it LOOKS FANTASTIC, TOP JOB