Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

PE Starbug

Liberator

Alphans
Ok cashed up a little right now bit of b'day money and works xmas lotto account paying off. I have been eyeing off the PE Starbug - I know its a "toy" but am wondering is it worth purchasing? Anyone have one? There is a seller on ebay who has them for a good price. Honest opinions wanted! Thanks

Bishop

Alphans
Its fun. I don't know about how accurate it is others should be able to help with that, but very much worth the buy.

JericoEagle1

Alphans
I agree with Tony it is fun. I don't know how accurate it is on the outside either but it does seem to fit in with my PE Eagle Collection. The ugly duckling of the lot.

Liberator

Alphans
Ok bought it tonight. With Xmas knocking at our door I guess I wont see it until late next week. Will post pictures and some comments on it once I have it in my hands.

Liberator

Alphans
Got my Starbug Xmas Eve, Excellent service from a great Ebayer; Figuremania. 1st impression - a bit smaller than I'd expected. Price - Ebay price good, I don't think I'd pay much more than that. Packaging not really designed to enable easy removal of the Bug. Looks close to what I recall it looking like. A great display item. It's classed as a toy but there is no way will anyone by playing with this. I'd say its almost to the same scale as the PE Eagles. The sound clips I feel are a waste - they are hard to hear and I'd prefer to hear engine sounds rather than "does anyone fancy a vindaloo?"

Some pictures:

Front on

Rear On

From above

Engine

Time to play

Will go to Davids' web site and check out his SB scratch build and compare.

Bishop

Alphans
I don't think its hugely accurate, but its not too bad. If there's one left in one of our local shops I shall get one. Got a little money for shopping so it'll be this or another eagle, the air brush finally .... and some gift vouchers for my local old toys shop. Enjoy the play Liberator.... and yes I'll join you in a vindaloo :D

Well you know what?....NOW I want one too...coz it's cool, it's fun...and Jorge dixit! :D

....and if only PE could produce a toy/replica Eagle like this Starbug…with removable CM canopy and pod cover…take-off sounds….crash sounds….fight-inside-the-cockpit sounds…explosion sounds…….:roll::D;)

CR

Alphans
Now I'm kind of interested in this Starbug, too. Thanks for posting the pics.

Funny suggestions, Jorge, for Eagle sound effects! :D

Bishop

Alphans
:rofl: ... and an interior with people and a moon buggy (they already make one of those and all. Yes... I would definitely be in that

Bishop

Alphans
:( No more Star bugs, but they did have just one more eagle :yes: so yes, you guessed it, I now have 7, but I still need just one more for the spare medical pod I now have so... still waiting for the boat with Rocket Man's gift sets. Lots of work now to bring eagle 7 up to scratch, and I think I might order some of DXs decals and change them all over. That would only be 7 sheets worth :-/ Shortly.

One day I may get a Star bug... but I will certainly need a larger room to hold all the eagles.

I also got Corgi's repro Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....5/10 for that, and "Red" from the Pixar "Cars" movie. The little Diecast cars in the rang are beautifully made.

What's even better is that I still have $150 in gift vouchers from my local Collectible toy store to spend tomorrow. Nice to think that all this fun was free for me.