Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

POLL: Med Patch

BrianS

Alphans
In researching the Medical patch design, I've run into a problem. There is a distinct difference between the way the Medical patches look on screen in the series and the way an untold number of them look to the naked eye.

On the show, in every episode I can find, it appears there are two white rings around the blue center circle. Here are just a few examples:

However, there are some publicity photos and personal photos which show medical patches with a single white ring and a single gold ring around the blue center circle (though, again, in the episodes from which they are taken, both rings still appear to be white). Here are some examples:

So the question is - which way should a replica of the show's patch be made?

Should it be made to look as it appeared on the show? Like:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_qR_ZCddnuOw/SdfYOedjbMI/AAAAAAAABlM/AbFu8LYBW-A/med-white.jpg

Or should it be made to look differently than it appeared on the show? Like:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_qR_ZCddnuOw/SdfYOhO6J3I/AAAAAAAABlU/LhR1QvtJxBA/med-gold.jpg

Or should some compromise between them be tried? Like:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_qR_ZCddnuOw/SdfYOnloKQI/AAAAAAAABlc/YjJIiltvAXA/med-compromise.jpg

Please reply with your preference. :)

Last edited:

BrianS

Alphans
Just to let my personal preference be known - I am tending towards the ones which seem white, like the one seen on the patch to the left in this photo, rather than the dark yellow as seen on the patch on the right:

Bishop

Alphans
I'd go with White Brian, you have that confirmed, and the extra colour although present isn't the most common.

CR

Alphans
Is there any chance, cost permitting, of doing both versions, like the Mark IX Hawk patch?
I will disclose up front that I'm not likely to get this patch for myself, so I've no vested interest in which version is the 'winner.' (Honestly, the 'compromise version' is rather neat, and it's an idea that had not occurred to me.) Based on everything I've read so far here & on the other thread, this is an 'either/or' decision, right?

BrianS

Alphans
Right. I presented the poll because, at least for the moment, I anticipate only one style of med patch will be produced.

Last edited:

CR

Alphans
OK, I understand.
For what it's worth, I do rather like the compromise version. (I know I'll be in the minority with that preference.) It fits the bill of the 'Star Trek effect' you mentioned on the other thread... it'll look like the two white rings that many shots seem to show (going with what we see on screen), while actually having the yellow that exists in the actual material (going with what we see in real life). Best of both worlds, so to speak, though accurate to neither.