Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Possible Space 1999 reboot?

Brian Johnson posted this yesterday on his Facebook account -

BJ here folks. Am awaiting a green light for an updated version of Space 1999 which will have Eagles and Hawks but some new craft as well. Will be made in the UK and where is TBD and I hope to have more news shortly. Really looking forward to this project. Will report as soon as I have confirmation of the deal.
Onwards and upwards,
Brian

I'll believe it when/if I see it though.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
:2c:

There's always hope, certainly, but...for so very long now, it's been pretty much that, alone...

:read:

Been left, pretty much (albeit unwittingly?) by default, to us fan-fic writers over the years, to have a go at conjecturing what might've become of the Alphans :hug: and the Moon:~:...most especially in the wake of the events of Message From Moonbase Alpha...

(Thunderbirds' recent reboot, and reactions to it - including those discussed here on ETF - also gives us some pause for thought...)

We shall see... :think:

Steve Gerard

Alphans
Brian Johnson posted this yesterday on his Facebook account -

BJ here folks. Am awaiting a green light for an updated version of Space 1999 which will have Eagles and Hawks but some new craft as well. Will be made in the UK and where is TBD and I hope to have more news shortly. Really looking forward to this project. Will report as soon as I have confirmation of the deal.
Onwards and upwards,
Brian

I'll believe it when/if I see it though.

If this happens with Brian Johnson involved, then I will be extremely happy...it is about time. TAG series proves Gerry Anderson's series can be returned. :clap:

:2c:

There's always hope, certainly, but...for so very long now, it's been pretty much that, alone...

:read:

Been left, pretty much (albeit unwittingly?) by default, to us fan-fic writers over the years, to have a go at conjecturing what might've become of the Alphans :hug: and the Moon:~:...most especially in the wake of the events of Message From Moonbase Alpha...

(Thunderbirds' recent reboot, and reactions to it - including those discussed here on ETF - also gives us some pause for thought...)

We shall see... :think:

I don't hate TAG but it sure has some annoying things in it. Top of my list is the very unrealistic cgi action in it where people fall hundreds of feet and land upright in a planes cockpit etc. I hope if there is a remake it's taken much more seriously.

I think the 'reboot' is all about merchandise... :-/

There usually seems to be some alterior motive behind reboots these days [ Dr Who and Star Wars being prime examples ] and you're no doubt correct about that. That's why they've stuck it on Saturday morning kids tv - where there's loads of toy ads.

Makes me wonder if anybody had noticed the all new 1:48 Eagle and 1:72 Hawk kits by Round2 selling so well- if a show that old is selling new merchandise that well then a reboot gives you that much more to license. (assuming the new designs don't suck)

Makes me wonder if anybody had noticed the all new 1:48 Eagle and 1:72 Hawk kits by Round2 selling so well- if a show that old is selling new merchandise that well then a reboot gives you that much more to license. (assuming the new designs don't suck)

I thought that too [ remember the days when people would say those wouldn't sell ]. Maybe Johnson himself approached some contacts in the tv business. I don't mind merchandising being taken into consideration when making a new film or tv series as long as it's good.

Mind you - I'll still believe it when I see it. I think tv companies are missing out on a potential moneyspinner seeing as the Eagles and other ships are still so popular [ with a certain age group anyway - though younger people are great buying potential too ].

That just shows the merchandising possibilities with the Eagles. Endless cool variants can be made.

I'd imagine it would be a reboot though. Whether that would be good or not who knows but Nu Dr Who was a continuation [ well sort of ] and look at how rubbish a lot of that is.

Well the last remake got can and it turned out it wasn't going to be very good, basically Lost In Space. I don't have any good vibes on this either. On another note, a couple of days ago I saw a commercial on Comet that in October they are going to air Space: 1999 so there's that.

Last edited:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
It's A New World...

:2c: :think: :idea:

I still believe that Message From Moonbase Alpha could provide a good jumping-off point for the next great adventure...picking up, perhaps, some 20-plus years later, as the first Terra Alpha-born generation of Alphans is coming of age... :hug:

Personally, I prefer a remake to a sequel series. There were to many mistakes in the original series, design/set etc. and bad scripts and bad science. I prefer to go back to the beginning and redo the whole thing and correct all of the mistakes and make a better show with better and more plausible stories with accurate science.

Personally, I prefer a remake to a sequel series. There were to many mistakes in the original series, design/set etc. and bad scripts and bad science. I prefer to go back to the beginning and redo the whole thing and correct all of the mistakes and make a better show with better and more plausible stories with accurate science.

I think I'd agree with that. As much as I like the original show I can do without certain things like the 70s disco look for some of the aliens with glitter on their faces etc.

Plus it should be made with as many models/miniatures as possible and the design of the Eagles/Hawks/Swifts etc should hardly change at all and they must include the distinctive framework.

I think any other craft should be made old school with kit parts too as that's not easy to replicate with cgi.