Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

PRE ORDER 11/11 NEW SPACE 1999 DVD SET ?

SPACE 1899

Alphans
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300360898742&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Apparantly there is a new Space 1999 Year 1 30th Anniversary dvd set being released on November 11th - see above link on ebay ?

Does anyone know more about this ?
eg - the cover looks really great, but do the extras listed include ANYTHING extra to what has already been included as extras on previous Year 1 dvd releases such as the Carlton box set and Network box set ? :think:

Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jade Falcon

Alphans
If the Aussies are getting a copy of the Network set and any members there don't have it, I can't recommend it enough. The remastering job was awesome. The only downside was losing subtitles.

For that reason, and for some of the extras included, that is why I have kept my Carlton Year 1 release. Plus if I tried to trade it in somewhere, for what I would get, i'd rather keep it than do that.

SPACE 1899

Alphans
Totally agree with you there Jade. I've got the Network Year 1 box set, but especially as there is no subtitles, have kept the Carlton Year 1 box set, as it's somtimes nice to shout out those classic lines as you're watching an episode (PEOPLE ARE DYING UP HERE, JOHN). :lol:

I also purchased the wonderful Network box set of the Prisoner recently (which included a free paperback book) - but again, unfortunately, no subtitles, unlike some of the other Prisoner box sets available.

I Wonder why Network do that, when, apart from the subtitle issue, their box sets tend to be far superior and contain more extras than other box sets available ?

gwent

Alphans
I agree - the Network set is amazing. My only problem with that set is that they put 4 episodes per disc, which means that they were compressed a bit too heavily, so unfortunately at times you could see compression artifacts, which were sometimes distracting. They should have made it 3 episodes per disc, and they would have looked phenomenal. Still, a fantastic remastering job, way better than the A&E set. Of course, the A&E set contains year 2 as well.

Lee S

Alphans
I just got my Network set last week and was really blown away by it! Can't wait for the Blu-Ray release of Season 2!!

SPACE 1899

Alphans
Does anyone know if and when a Space 1999 blu-ray release is happening ?
I notice that Star Trek stuff is going down that road now.

Jade Falcon

Alphans
The only danger with the Blu-Ray route is some of the effects will really show their age. :)

I remember watching the Black Hole on DVD and clearly being able to see the strings holding the actors in the Palomino weightless sequences. :D