Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Pros and cons of the WARP Eagle kit?

eclipse

Alphans
Since the AMT kit would require a lot of work to bring it up to a good standard and I cannot find any upgrade kits I,m considering buying the Warp kit if I can find one at a reasonable price.
What are the pros and con of this kit ?
The 2 AMT kits I have will either be sold or traded away later.

Puffy_Shirt

Alphans
Pro: Excellent accuracy in shape/dimension... the 12" die cast from PE was patterned from it!

Con: Some of the early ones had unbelievably brittle resin parts. Parts need a lot of cleanup, especially the metal and resin parts ;)

Fixer

Alphans
Yes, the resin used now is cold cure polyurethane resin....good stuff.

It is for the more advanced modeller...there is some clean-up needed on the metal framework, but well worth the time and patience. It is more detailed than the PE Eagle.

Since the AMT kit would require a lot of work to bring it up to a good standard and I cannot find any upgrade kits I,m considering buying the Warp kit if I can find one at a reasonable price.
What are the pros and con of this kit ?
The 2 AMT kits I have will either be sold or traded away later.

Eclipse I know it's not a kit but why don't you just buy a PE one? You'll save yourself a hell of a lot of hassle and get just as good a result.

alfalfa

Alphans
I'll swop you a WARP Eagle I bought from a forum member for an AMT.

I've opened it and started trimming but it is beyond me to do, no glueing at all.

My honest opinion is that it is fantastic, in parts...

If this acceptable and you think it is fair PM me. If you are not happy I will happily refund your postage.

eclipse

Alphans
Eclipse I know it's not a kit but why don't you just buy a PE one? You'll save yourself a hell of a lot of hassle and get just as good a result.

Most of my model building has been airliners and I want to do something that is challenging,I may one day buy a PE just for the sake of having one in my collection.

Any idea what a PE goes for nowadays?

Bigyan65

Alphans
You'llget one for less than £40 if you're patient.

Just for info I noticed some Japanese seller offering the SAWupgrade kit for the AMT.......was about two weeks ago.

eclipse

Alphans
Alfalfa here is a pic from both kits.
I have them boxed up and all I need is your address and will send them out tomorrow.
Regards
al

Last edited:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Warp me a good one....

Guys,

I can tell you that the 12" Warp kit is the best model out there currently. It's a quality product produced by a well respected kit maker. Head over to Taybors Emporium if you want one, I have linked his ebay auction to be posted directly onto the site.

Warp Products are on my top ten list of suppliers to support because he makes exactly the stuff we all want to buy as Space: 1999 hardware fans. I am hoping we will support him by getting these models so he will keep on making new items. I would be very happy to stock his products anytime if he wanted to wholesale his stuff.

He adds exciting new products to further enhance his range, check out the Eagle Lift and his new booster Pack, also a favourite of w8cmp.

Point made?

Cap'n

Might have to go that route after all :thumbup:

I think it makes sense. If you want ones that size they're pretty accurate and you can build up a fleet of them quickly - even do a bit of weathering on them. I've got 2 but I want to get more especially the revised edition which had the inner walkways painted white instead of the inaccurate grey.

Zodiac

Alphans
Having just secured the purchase (but not yet delivery) of a 12" WARP Eagle from ebay, I've been scouring the forum for info about the kit. I was hoping to find a 'how to build one' (pro and cons, pitfalls, advise, etc) kind of thread but no luck.

Is there anywhere else, on the forum or internet, that I should look? Or does anyone have any other helpful advise?

TIA.

GZ.

Puffy_Shirt

Alphans
I have only started on my Warp Eagle so I can't offer any advice. However, Jim Small did a review at www.starshipmodeler.com and he said he followed the instructions and everything worked without a hitch. However, he recommends using epoxy to assemble it versus superglue.

Fozzy

Alphans
Which would be recommended in the case of the Replicas Unlimited 23" or the Warp 12"? I have several AMT that I need to work on, but I would want to pick up something different.