Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Recreation of the 6 1/4 inch Hawk filming model

klee

Alphans
6 1/4 inch Hawk filming model re-creation. An idealized recreation, not an exact recreation with all the warts.

klee

Alphans
Some background on this, I am building it using similar kit parts to what was used on the original, Apex Vostok parts instead of Airfix, 1/144 Revell S-IVB engine and LM gear instead of Airfix. I am using Plastruct 1/100 and 1/48 scale ladders, evergreen rod, tubing and sheet for the boosters and nose section. I am using 1/24 Gemini retro engine bells for the side boosters and 1/48 fuel cell tank copies for the tanks on the underside. I am also using a 1/24 Gemini tank hemisphere and a bit of clear plastic test tube for the engine tank. That is the main departure from the original filming model design. My goal is to make it look a little less like it was just thrown together in an hour or so for a few distant shots on screen for a few seconds.

klee

Alphans
This is not a perfect reproduction but a more polished version of the small Hawk filming model.

klee

Alphans
Mini Hawk filming model reproduction:
This is not a perfect reproduction but a more polished version of the small Hawk filming model.