Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Red 6 scheme

Hi all.

I was wondering if any of you amazingly knowledgable people can help me out on Red 6, the X-wing flown by Porkins in A New hope.

I have one of the Finemoulds 1:72 X-wings, a kit I bought a long time ago in a town far, far away. The trouble I am having is that the instructions, whilst intricate as the kit itself, only include instructions for Red Leader through to Red 5 - Luke's craft.

If I remember correctly, however, Porkins in Red 6 is the pilot that saves Luke's life by taking out a TIE fighter on his tail, before crashing on the surface after being hit. This is why I want to do this particular craft, but there is precious little I have found regarding visual reference on the craft, rather than the man.

does anyone know what engines/R2 unit it had, or a place to get some good visual information on it?

Thanks for your help.

Gary.

JD

Alphans
If I remember correctly, however, Porkins in Red 6 is the pilot that saves Luke's life by taking out a TIE fighter on his tail, before crashing on the surface after being hit.

No, it's Wedge in Red 3 who appears directly in front of the TIE, takes it out and flies through the debris cloud, and Red Leader who crashes on the surface of the Death Star after being hit by Vader. Porkins is the one who has a 'problem' early on in the battle and is told to eject, but his ship blows up under him!

This is all I could find in my refs:

This is a pyro model, some of which had quite detailed paint jobs specific to the craft depicted.

:thumbup:

w8cmp

Alphans
Here are a few pics from my stash...made public on another forum some time ago...

Attachments

• kg_red_6-001.jpg
    kg_red_6-001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 37
  • kg_red_6-002.jpg
    kg_red_6-002.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 29
  • kg_red_6-003.jpg
    kg_red_6-003.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 31
  • kg_red_6-004.jpg
    kg_red_6-004.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 29
  • kg_red_6-005.jpg
    kg_red_6-005.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 45
Thanks.

Don't know where I got the idea it was Porkins then. As it was Wedge, that saves me a lot of hassle, the Finemoulds instructions for his are very good.

The only place I can think of right now would have been using the subtitles in the battle scene, but was forced to sell my copy of the films when unemployed - and as that was some time ago, it's no wonder my memory of who did what is off.

Thanks again guys, you just made my life a whole lot easier.

Edit: I thought it was Biggs in Red 3 though, Wasn't Wedge Red 2?

Last edited: