Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Refurbished 'Bionic Woman' - anyone seen it?

Fun Pod

Alphans
One of our national channels is running trailers for a new version of the 'Bionic Woman' (instead of the typical 'Coming soon' graphics, the legend reads 'Under construction'). Anyone here already seen it? Should I tune in or run the other way - making the appropriate duh-dit-dit-dit-tt-tt noises
of course :nuke::%:

Bishop

Alphans
My wife says its b grade, mediocre, better than doing the dishes... I saw about 2 mins and thought it was poo, but give it a go and see what you think. The great old sound effects are gone sadly... and no Steve. To be honest its just like all those shows now 24, Alias, blah blah. Girl with dark past gets makeover and helps others with dark past and fights other girl with same makeover who went nuts... I think it takes itself all to seriously and tries to be oh so dramatic... as if we care.

Liberator

Alphans
Twas boring - I gave it about 4-5 episides and gave up on it. I was hoping for a show in the style of the new BG (same guys) but it never came to fruition. Switched off and found something else to do.

JASON TEN

Alphans

I WATCHED THE FIRST 4-5 EPS, FOUND THEM OK-(ISH) ADMIT I DID GET KINDA BORED ON EP-4, LIKED THE ORIGINAL STORY LINE FAR BETTER.

Hawk

Alphans
Wanted to like it. Gave it a shot. Bored me to tears.

Yesterday, however, I saw the pilot for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and was duly impressed. I don't know if they can keep it up, but, in the first episode at least, they captured the spirit of the movies.

The lead, as in the Bionic Woman re-make, is a Brit playing an American, but, unlike the girl in BW, she is actually like-able and a good actress. Her son, the all-important John Connors character, is also well-cast.

I have high hopes for this one. We need SOMETHING interesting to watch over here. I'm more than halfway through my 1999 DVDs.

Bishop

Alphans
We shall get that some time in the next little while so hopefully that will be worth the wait. We are lucky now in AU because the whole internet download of programmes thing is forcing our commercial channels to play TV series sooner than they once did. (Heros is a good example) We're getting them pretty much as you US guys do... not that we want them any more than you do, but that's another story.

CR

Alphans
I'm tired of remakes. Especially in the 'dark' style mentioned above. I'm tired of anything Terminator-related. And Aliens. And Predator. Enough already.

Well, admittedly, I did just get one of Eagle's fantastic M41A Pulse Rifle posters, but that's relating to the last Aliens film I actually liked, so that's OK. But other than that, enough already.

Yeah, I know, shifting standards. What can I say? There are exceptions to every rule, I guess.

Rico1701

Alphans
Show never really took off for me either. I watched all of the episodes but it just was "ok" I thought. The best stuff was when she conflicted with the earlier bionic woman played by Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck). That's when the show was interesting. They should of kept that dynamic going. Now due to the WGA strike it's off the air. It may not come back.