Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.

Revell Millenium Falcon


I've had this Revell Falcon "Easykit" for quite a while , but had it stored away as it was missing a few parts ( I picked it up for a quid at a car boot sale ). As I've recently located the missing bits , I thought I'd give it a little attention . First though , I'd like to say that this isn't going to be a super-detailing/accurizing exercise , mainly because I've an original MPC/Airfix version waiting on the bench , but as a straight-forward "fun" build , more or less straight from the box , (that is , if I had the box, which I don't ) .
Here's how the top fuselage section looks , with it's factory paint job .

One thing I WILL be improving is the "turbo lasers". The moulded in ones of the kit are it's worst point . I removed these with my razor saw , to be replaced with scratchbuilt ones .

I'll not bore everyone with my opinion of these Revell "Easykits" , as I've stated this on more than one occasion , but I will say that this version of the Falcon is pretty damn good , in fact a LOT better than a lot of modellers would have you believe . I originally thought that the price of the kit was a bit high ( about £35 ) , due to it's relative few part count , but in fact the moulded detail is excellent and in my opinion , far better than the old ( admittedly larger ) MPC/Airfix version .
After spray coating a base coat with "Holts" light grey car spray ( my new "go-to" Star Wars base colour ), I picked out panels with a couple of shades of grey ( mid and dark ) and began shading with pastel chalk washes . I then used dry pastel chalks to add "exhaust staining" to the rear engine deck area .

It's still early days , as I've only worked on the Falcon for a day , but I'm quite optimistic based on the results I've got so far . I may even add some lights , as I've got some LEDs that are looking for a home .


Works continuing on the Falcon . I've used acrylic washes to bring out the detail on the side panels . I'm quite impressed with the level of "greeblie" detail in these areas , as well as those on the rear engine deck .

I've progressed with the painting , adding the various different coloured panels , as well as building up the shading/weathering with washes of acrylic paints .

I've also been test fitting "headlights". I'm hoping to install about a dozen L.E.D's , to light the engines and cockpit , as well as running lights .

The more I work on this kit , the more I like it . Though it's ( obviously) not up to Fine Molds standard , it's superior to the old MPC version and definitely worth investing in if you're not ready to shell out for the Fine Molds .
Last edited:


Little bit more work done on the Falcon . Thanks to Jaitea , I've replaced the missing parts and I've installed the headlights and engine lights . I've decided against the cockpit and running lights as the former isn't really practical with the set up I'm using and the latter just didn't look good ! I need to stock up on the parts I need to complete the guns and the engine detailing , so in the meantime I'm working on the display base . I'd originally intended to make an "asteroid field" diorama and had even begun work on it , but then I found the "Death Star " display base from the AMT/Ertl TIE Fighter kit set stashed away in my modelling cave and discovered that it was perfect for my purposes !



I just picked up the small version of the Falcon, along with an X-wing, at my local shop. I didn't know they do a bigger version.



I've re-posted the pictures from the last post as problems with my photo server caused it to go a little , er "tits-up" ! Anyhow , the text still applies ( mostly) and the pics show the test fitting of the model on the "new" Death Star base . The last pic shows the landing gear "foot" that covers the light switch , which now connects with a small magnet . The engine area still needs the grill detail adding and I've yet to start work on the guns as I'm waiting to stock up on materials .