Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Richard Bailey has gone

Ham Salad

Alphans
It is with a sense of personal (and general) loss that I must report that Blazing Builder and Amazing Orac constructor Richard Bailey has Passed away in hospital from longstanding illness.

I thought he was getting better.

He was a fine fellow, cheery and pleasant, and loved B7, doctor who, star trek...even Eureka. he was a frequent contributor to smallspace displays.

I feel bad that I never met him face to face. I hope he enjoyed the things I made him, and the things I gave him.

I shall truly miss his daily updates which I called, "shopping horrors with Richard", about the swiftian irony of trying to make perfectly ordinary purchases in stores like Tesco.

I had a surprise for him I was going to send him just as soon as he got back on the boat (he lived on a canal boat) ... now I feel bad that I can't give him the moment of happiness that would have brought him.

I'm very sorry you' re gone Richard, I wish I had known you for longer and for better.

Attachments

• richard2.jpg
    richard2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Exterminator

Deputy Commander
Staff member
Well said.

Richard`s passing was a great shock. Not just a talented builder of stuff, but a lovely chap too.

badsimmonds

Alphans
I've just come across this post. I never met or talked to Richard but I did see him around the various Smallspace shows over the years and never realised how much into Blakes 7 he was.
At this years Smallspace there was an auction of some of the models he had built over the years and I was very lucky to win one of his superb full size working Orac props. Richard was certainly a talented guy and I wish I had taken the opportunity to talk to him about his favourite show.

Last edited: