Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

ROCKET/AIRSHIP BUILDS

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
I am so going to build one of these, but I want art classique/film noir style

This is lovely, every detail part chosen with an artists eye and finished with the artists hands. :D

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Thanks It's going to look very classic when it's finished just by its shape alone. Kind of a souped up engine in a classic shell.

Last edited:

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Cheers for your excellent bell Captain, a touch of eagle class in this build....

These are the parts I'm thinking of using, 4 retro burst engines on each side...

Last edited:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
The engine bell was my first attempt at a replacement 23" main bell, that's why the look similar, I have since perfected them.

The addition of the pen nib cones is cool too. This will be another class build when you are done mate. :D

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
A great first attempt then. Not sure about the retro nibs yet l did, the words (pearls before swines) comes to mind when its next to your alo bell!!! It's been a nightmare fitting the main pipes l worked on today in the central circle ribs.. Half a mil off at one point fitting 8 long pipes in the center part but squeezed that ship engine in the bottle so to speak...

Last edited:

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Decided to put the second fin on to get a better feel for it.... Weathering can still be done it it's various layers...

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
A bit of wiring and silver iron early start masking on the pipe work detail ...

Last edited:

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Thanks, been putting more of the ribs on the body and a nose cone... As you can see the ribs have to be whittled down and fitted... Plus some sanding to them as they have a lasers lines on the bends fitting to the nose...

Here's (below) half side done, with more weathering at the front only to give me the feel better of its later finished render. lve left the engine parts darker in metal. The nose cone is detachable incase l want a smaller version....

Last edited:

comet

Alphans
You know, that is looking lovely. I've always had a thing for airships, especially the old Zeppelins.

Beautiful work.

Dave.

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Cheers, want a retro esq feel to this, it's still got lots of work to do...I've learned late to sand all the cage parts as they have little rib lines on most of the curves due to the laser cut on the MDF cages, not seen by the eye till photographed on macro lens.

Last edited:

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Thought ld pop this in our forum. I intended while in early construction to think of this airship as automated then it came to mind the option for me to add a airship cabin control underside (apologies for my Crude sketch on my tablet) l want it to be a kind of drop separate ship. And i think you may Well see a bit of a Eagle to its design. It may change totally as l may use this for the Landing struts venture as a S:99 build of sorts which l feel is suiting it more and more. Anyway l'll come to that when the mains all finished but you get the idea about a detachable cabin ship.
http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155250&highlight=Landing+struts

This gives it a rough scaling but the size of the cabinship may vary depending on how big l want the main frame engine to look.

Last edited:

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Thank you all, working on the retro boosters at moment but here's the weathering so far and fins detail..

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
Cheers Captain...Just put the 4 retro boosters on and weathered next to your pro alo main back bell. Photos tomorrow.