Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Round 2 1/72 scale Eagle kit announced

pjskeldon

Alphans
Have ordered three 1/72 kits and one pre-built Eagle 2.
And my 44inch sixteen12 Rescue Eagle should be arriving soon.
Eagle heaven!

Phil

klee

Alphans
A look at the sprues of a test shot:

There will be 2 of some sprues and 4 of other sprues in the kit.

With the base (standard Round 2 dome base with metal support rod) it looks to be 217 parts, they have simplified the spine assembly, 2 pieces (top and bottom) instead of the 26 parts of the 22 inch kit.
Other parts were also simplified,
The cage assemblies are only 4 parts,
the main engine baffle is molded into the 2 part bell,
no clear windows on the CM or passenger pod,
no pilot figures for the CM,
the 4 thruster quads are one piece assemblies and
the 4 main landing gear are molded as fixed assemblies, no springs, you have the choice of either landed or in flight modes for the landing gear.
The passenger pod parts are integrated into the sprues for other parts so don't expect to see stand alone pod kits.

I am excited for this kit and will probably buy several since I want to recreate some of the designs I created using the original MPC kit in the 1970's, something that was not feasible with the price of the 22 inch kit. I also plan to adapt the landing gear struts I created for my 33 inch Eagle to work with this one, only a few minor tweaks will be needed. I hope the weathering and panel decals will come with this model instead of being an add on, if not I will just weather it like I did both of the 22 inch Eagles I built.

Last edited:

RobM6107A1

Alphans
Re: Prebuilt Rescue Eagle ?

Howdy All. Am an newbie (then again, not so.). I've an ? for the group regarding any of the prebuilts that you've may have purchased.

Just purchased my 1st Eagle (Rescue)-looking to get the Cargo & build just the cargo to (hopefully) match up w/ my prebuilt (kinda like my PE models).

Had noticed, once I had removed the rescue pod that 1 side had not been completely painted (shows some gray area on the middle doorway. The other side was done, not the other. An Bummer giving that they go for $300+

Yes, you can do an paint job, hoping that you'll match the color used to paint but still.....Not wanting to return it for replacement-was their last one in stock. Was thinking of contacting MPC for any tips on paint used (name of brand so as to match what they used). Probably an good idea anyway so as to do my own builds (Cargo & Lab-have found an site that sells the Lab Pod for the 22 Hero) & Spine Booster.

Not to go on & on. Just an ? for the group regarding the prebuilts & some remedy on an fix (paint used if known).

**Just purchased the NDA 2 lighted kit. Need More....

Last edited:

klee

Alphans
More pics, this is the built up test shot version of the kit from Wonderfest:

and finally a size comparison to a version of the Airfix/MPC Eagle:

klee

Alphans
Some more new photos from Round 2, first the two part spine, there is some minor webbing at the tops of the triangles on the spine, this is due to the limitations of injection molding and is easily cleaned up with a sharp #11 blade:

And a close look at the parts for the passenger pod, it would be possible to add an interior and Round 2 suggests making the floor part removable with either magnets or screws so that any future add-ons (such as side boosters) can be easily added.

The last image shows the bottom of the pod with the variations of attaching the provided dome display base or, as in the center, not using it at all.

klee

Alphans
I cannot wait for this to come out.

It should arrive before Christmas! Also a 22 inch Eagle 2 kit with lab pod has been announced with a separate spine booster kit, possibly by summer of 2020. Eagle 2 kit has different engine plumbing details as well as different surface details on the leg pods that reflect the details seen on the second 44 inch filming model.

Eureka

Forum Supporter
It should arrive before Christmas! Also a 22 inch Eagle 2 kit with lab pod has been announced with a separate spine booster kit, possibly by summer of 2020. Eagle 2 kit has different engine plumbing details as well as different surface details on the leg pods that reflect the details seen on the second 44 inch filming model.

Jumblies where I have my 1/72 eagle preordered at have the date currently saying:- "Dispatched on (31-12-2019)"

I need to find more space for a 22 inch eagle 2 with lab pod.
Couldn't possibly not get one. But finding the time to finish building the eagles and hawks I already have plus finding the space to display them all when they are built might be a problem.

At least if its summer next year it gives me a little more saving and building time.

Last edited:

pjskeldon

Alphans
The CultTVMan shop (where I'm getting my 3 1/72 Eagles, plus metal bells, plus pre-assembled Eagle 2) says they'll be dispatched this week. I've paid, so might see them arrive in 7-10 days time.

Joy!

Have ordered lab kits from CultTVMan and Jumblies to compare the total cost including postage/import fees.

Now I need a bigger house.

Phil.