Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Round 2 22" eagle

Planet3

Forum Supporter
Hey Paul, it may seem rather puney to some, but I get a right kick outa chaps that hail from me mum's part of the country...! She was born in Stoke-on-Trent and worked in the factories making/loading 20mm shells for Mossies during the war. She married a Canadian tanker and they moved here to Canada after the war. Me dad was a real Sci-Fi nut and I guess it rubbed off, cause here I am 60 odd years later building(more like collectin...!) space craft and all manner of weird and wonderful Sci-Fi kits...! Still waiting on the aluminium(as the Brits spell it...!) bells also. Great stuff mate, love hearing about chaps across the pond doin the same thing...!

Cheers mate
Laurie Taite
Winterpeg, CANADA..."home of polar bears and frozen perogies...!"

Hey Laurie, Thanks for the welcome. I now live just outside Stoke on Trent and worked for 40 years in the Potteries until my factory closed down last year. I spent many years around the factories of Wedgwood, Royal Doulton and others in and around Burslem, Tunstall and Hanley. Now nearing 60, I work part time as a ceramics technologist which gives me more time for my hobbies, including building Eagles! I look forward seeing you guys building yours.
Paul Fisher – (from the home of the Staffordshire Oatcake)

Hey Laurie, Thanks for the welcome. I now live just outside Stoke on Trent and worked for 40 years in the Potteries until my factory closed down last year. I spent many years around the factories of Wedgwood, Royal Doulton and others in and around Burslem, Tunstall and Hanley. Now nearing 60, I work part time as a ceramics technologist which gives me more time for my hobbies, including building Eagles! I look forward seeing you guys building yours.
Paul Fisher – (from the home of the Staffordshire Oatcake)

Lovely to hear back from you mate...! Me mum used to talk a lot about Burslem when we emigrated BACK to England in the early 70's. I think she used to work there. Our family had been in Canada for over 20 years and my dad got he "bright" idea to move there to live. Well, THAT went over like the proverbial "lead balloon"...! Living in me mum's home she grew up in with 4 different kinds of plugs, a fridge the size of a cooler and COLD...I was NEVER as cold in Canada as I was living there with the dampness...and no central heating...UGH..! Within 6 months everyone was back home in Canada while I stayed on to work at Harrod's as a Designer and later at Burberrys. It was in England that I picked up a love for Sci-Fi.

Cheers mate, great to have you on board, even though I just started couple months ago...!

Laurie

Ferrain

Alphans
First aid (responder)\Medical\Emergency IIRC I watched the first series on a widescreenBW TV (it had chronic frame collapse & really should have been put out of it's misery & ours).

Hey Todd, thanks for the welcome. You weren't Kidding about your FB! This information is great - nobody should even think about building this kit without checking out these tips first.
Paul

What about us poor old saps that aren't on FB...?! Could some more of those tips/mistakes be posted here ...? Would be nice I think.

LT

Planet3

Forum Supporter
Hey Laurie, did your kit arrive yet? Don't know about the weather in Winniipeg, but it's been very wet and windy in Stoke today, courtesy of storm "Imogen" so the Met office have christiened it. Paul

Hey Laurie, did your kit arrive yet? Don't know about the weather in Winniipeg, but it's been very wet and windy in Stoke today, courtesy of storm "Imogen" so the Met office have christiened it. Paul

Ya Paul, I got my kit just before the weekend. CRIKEY...is this thing HUGE...!!!
Just waitin on the folks from Monsters in Motion to get my Aluminium bells, and I'll be all set. Gonna start on the kit this weekend or maybe wait till the wife heads out on her trip to sunny weather in Florida...!

We had winds up to 90kph over the weekend dipping windchills to -38C...!!!

Aahhh..the Prairies...nuthin like it...:lol:

laurie

DARN...forgot sumthin...have you heard of a place called Prime Miniatures...?
They hail from...DANG...forgot already...somewhere in the UK, but they specialize in small hardware. Tiny nuts/bolts, conduit, tubing, fibre optics, acorn nuts, hex screws, all sorts o neat "stuff" to fancy up yer model...check 'em out, you might find something you could use.

Cheers,
Laurie

Planet3

Forum Supporter
Hey Laurie, I had not heard of them but I have now checked on their web site and its full of really useful stuff. Thanks for the heads up on that, I feel a good web surfin session coming on,

All the best,
Paul

Due to a long standing fault our black & white TV picture was about 3 inches high across the width of the TV, so effectively we had one of the first widescreen TV's.

It's amazing what your mind & eyes can compensate for.

Ooohhhh...that musta sucked big time...!!!

Can't wait to get going on my 22" kit but the workbench is cluttered enough already with my 12" restoration project.. :-/

Last edited:

bren

Alphans
My brother ordered one for me as a Christmas present - from forbidden planet (I think).

Delivery has been put back until March.

Boldman

Alphans
Who needs turned bells for that price - these were done with Alcad paints: