Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Round 2 MPC 14 inch Eagle

klee

Alphans

klee

Alphans
Since several people have made comments about it on other forums here is a note about the red and black for the thruster quads. 1 - I like the look of it, just to be different. 2 - it is sort of an homage to the first MPC Eagle models I built in the 1970's, those came with red and black checkerboard decals to go on the thruster quads.

klee

Alphans
Finished! I still have to paint the base but I am calling this one done. This was my 12th Eagle since the MPC kits first came out in 1975.

klee

Alphans
Great thanks. What is holding them in place and still allows movement? The finished eagles look great!

There is a pin that goes through the strut inside the pod. The pin is also fitted into a slot to keep the strut from twisting. To hold the footpad on the strut I used the same technique, a pin holds it in place.

klee

Alphans
Having some fun with my 14 inch Eagle model, I based this on the image used on the Viewmaster Reel sets but I substituted my photo of the Moon for the Earth. It would make a good desktop background.