Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

S.I.D Kit mapping and build thread....

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Kit up....

sorry its not signal gantry, it's footbridges that you would need, and about 3 Airfix B29s and a lifelike 1/40 tilly 120mm gun (god the kit list for that will be expensive) good luck and so soon after Xmas

Hi Hilton,

Thanks for the info, I am chasing a UPC Honest John on eBay ending in a day or two, but the Tillie Toiler kit is hens teeth rare. :(

Footbridges I have already, B29 still short two but can get. I'm out of Gemini parts again so need those and the Long Tom too. This might take awhile but I am sure it will be OK and the kits will turn up by the time I am ready to add the parts. If not I will have no choice but to scratch build replicas.... :worry:

I don't mind a challenge it's part of the fun :yes:

Cap'n

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
SFFM UFO special....

If you have a copy of the UFO special issue of SFFM it has the complete version of that picture and another slightly diferent one.
Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony,
I missed this, do you have the issue number by chance, will see if I can grab a back issue from Ebay. I know Phil has the original photos in his collection but I would like it anyway.

Thanks.
Bernie.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Lurking in the background....

Looks like a half made SID in the background as well. Wonder if it was prior to the explosion scene???

I think it might be part of one of the Moonbase miniatures, I think I can see the LM docking tower and one of the spheres just showing above the box.

I have learned so much today my head is spinning a bit. I will update the Kit Spreadsheet to publish when we are done. If I do have to scratch build anything I will include those items in the planned kit. I will also be selling the all views full sized measured drawing separately too so all this effort will be worth it in the end.

Bernie.

Bernie, I picked up a large pile of SFFM magazines last year at a model shop to add to my collection and amongst those was a duplicate copy of the UFO special. The extra copy is yours if you want, just PM me your mailing address. It is a bit worn but all complete if you want it.

Cheers

Tony

JD

Alphans
Couple o' pics of the Tillie the Toiler :)doh: I mean 'Long Tom'!) piece C21S cites, Cap'n:

The rectangular section used on SID is 54.5mm x 23.5mm, and a little shy of 1/16" thick (would you believe 7/128"? :D). The smaller section was cut away leaving a 1mm strip 33.5mm long, and, because the smaller section stands proud of the larger one, the strip is about a mil thicker than the large rectangle, about 2.5mm altogether.

Last edited:

CaptanApollo

Alphans
A very dusty model

Started at least 25 years ago ( and still not finished.........)
reasonably close to studio scale, but I would need to go
back and redraw and check dimensions.
Most of the identified kit parts ie: B29 Superfortress, Honest John and Airfix walkway do fit.
By the way the B29 gun support plates on the circular collar have the B29 bomb racks in between them.
The Apollo comand module parts are from the 1:96 scale Revell kit. The kit number is 04806
The two forward high gain antennaes have the command module lower shell for the cone on the back. (part 7)
The small high gain antennae is a piece from the interior (part 17)

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
A thing of beauty....

Started at least 25 years ago ( and still not finished.........)
reasonably close to studio scale, but I would need to go
back and redraw and check dimensions.

Hi CaptanApollo,

It looks good even after 25 years. I have to ask what else you have dotted about the place? :lol:

We are gonna have fun with this thread, I just know it :thumbup:

Cap'n

CaptanApollo

Alphans
Oh ,their are a few odd things a couple of other Anderson things. A 1 10 scale Sea Harrier FRS mark 1. 7ft long anti submarine Castle class corvette, to name a few.

Dave

Alphans
Bernie, keep looking for the Tillie the Toilers, they turn up on ebay from time to time and can be reasonable.

I bought a mint (sealed) one a couple of years back for about £15. It really is luck of the draw. Since then, I see them from time to time. Another trick is to go onto ebay.com and look (not the UK version). A lot of these dealers will ship to UK if you ask nicely enough. Same goes for the Long Tom.

Now, Honest John, that's another matter...(Ka-ching!)

All 3 kits were available as made by ADAMS, UPC or LIFELIKE. They are all the same kits!

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Honest John.....

Hi Guys,

Hi Dave, Thanks for the Ebay auction link will be bidding on that one.

I just missed the UPC Honest John kit - I am not too heartbroken though as it finished at $102.00 so with shipping would have cost £70+

At least I know what to look for and have built a search list in eBay

Measured drawing and kit of parts.

Work on the CAD drawing is progressing well - I am providing all views in sections to aid the builder as much as possible.

I will be offering a measured 1:1 scale drawing as well as a kit of parts, vac-formings, tubes, laser cut panels & some EMA parts etc enough to build the entire structure ready for kit detailing. I will also provide a list of all kits used, parts and locations.

Please register on the interest thread if you would like this. So I can work out costs and prices.

Regards.

Cap'n

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Honestly....?

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for this, I will treat it like my fourth child.

The search for Tille the Toiler continues, obtaining the original kits will take a while I think. Thanks for posting photos JD brilliant reference. :thumbup:
At least I have the dimensions to add to the CAD file.

Dave has pointed me at a Long Tom kit on eBay (thanks again), so I am making progress.

Materials to start the prototype build have just arrived. I have managed to negotiate a price reduction from my supplier but it's still expensive stuff especially in the larger diameters. It's going to be another busy week.

Couldn't do it without you guys, many thanks. :D

Cap'n

JD

Alphans
The search for Tillie the Toiler continues, obtaining the original kits will take a while I think. Thanks for posting photos JD brilliant reference.

No problem! :thumbup:

I got a bit confusticated, though: it's the right piece but it's from the Long Tom.

Is there actually anything from the Tillie on SID, or are we all getting mixed up?! ;)