Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

S.I.D Kit mapping and build thread....

pjskeldon

Alphans
1 Paul Gray
2 Steve36uk
3 PHIL RAE (DERAENGED)
4 Tony Densley (Spellbinder99) Subject to overall price.
5 PJSkeldon

tweaker

Alphans
Love to get in on this, but I'm guessing that the postage to ship this to the US is going to be a killer. :-/

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Are you saying I'm heavy....?

Love to get in on this, but I'm guessing that the postage to ship this to the US is going to be a killer. :-/

Hi Tweaker,

You are going to be pleasantly surprised...

I think differently and am using modern technology plus over 30 years of design skill to make this a world wide shipping friendly kit. Almost everything will be flat pack and what isn't you could source in the USA from Plastruct.. :yes:

Most of my customer base is in the USA and international shipping is the biggest conSIDeration. :lol:

My plan will explain everything. I will supply every nut and bolt for European customers obviously because I can source everything cheaper than an individual builder. I don't see any advantage to giving money away to the shipper and incurring more duties and taxes and pushing up the price of the kit when there is no need.

It also gives the advantage of spreading out the cost so this model can be built in stages, something like this:

1/ Buy my kit and plan, or just the plan if you wish, you can start building from the box.
2/ Source domes etc from Plastruct (EMA) if you choose this option.
3/ Remember to post pictures and let me know how you are progressing.
4/ Carry on sourcing kit parts, paints and build as time and budget allows.
5/ Stand back and admire (posting lots of pictures)
6/ Buy my next Kit...
7/ Rinse and repeat :D

To give you a good idea how the kit structure is progressing look for my Eagle 2 Leg Pod kit. I will be using the same method for S.I.D. You will be interested to know that each leg pod looks like it will only weigh 150 grammes (about 6 oz) each. I will post a picture at the weekend of me standing on one to demonstrate the strength of the build - seriously.

Cap'n

Bishop

Alphans
Don't you just wish you could reach into that photo and grab all that gear while the guys aren't looking. Such photos make it that much harder that most of its lost. Thanks deraenged for posting

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Photo's....

Don't you just wish you could reach into that photo and grab all that gear while the guys aren't looking. Such photos make it that much harder that most of its lost. Thanks deraenged for posting

Hi Bishop,

A man after my own heart. :thumbup:

I can't bear to think of this model or any other's from UFO being lost for all time. Maybe if I wish really hard it would not be true. Still, we will do our very best to bring him back eh? :yes:

Cap'n

tweaker

Alphans
Hi Tweaker,

You are going to be pleasantly surprised...

I think differently and am using modern technology plus over 30 years of design skill to make this a world wide shipping friendly kit. Almost everything will be flat pack and what isn't you could source in the USA from Plastruct..

I haven't given up on this yet.

Watching carefully.

Next to the Interceptor... SID is my Fav!

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
SID Update more kits....

Hi Guys,

Quick update today, Paul Gray has sent me Tillie Toiler to examine for parts, Cheers Paul :thumbup:

I think there is at least one whole kit plus extras, there is a huge amount of parts in this kit which is possibly why the studio choose it to begin with:

A few parts look like candidates straight away, some parts are heavily flashed so need to be examined carefully. I will note comments from JD and others and map out on the plan, this might take some time. I will not rush this as I want to offer as much good information on the drawing as is possible to collate.

It will be made much easier with both DX-SFX and myself having a kit to refer back to. I think it will also be easier if I flatten Sid's skins and publish one section at a time for debate.

Cheers for now.

Cap'n

paul gray

Forum Supporter
hi Bernie
glad the box arrived. the parcel also contained parts from the "winnie the whale " and "long tom" kits , hence the large amount of parts. as you have noticed the life like quality is not the same as the upc kits
cheers Paul

tweaker

Alphans
Just to be clear on this.... this Tillie Toiler... is this referring to the Long Tom Gun? If so, what scale are we talking about? 1/72?

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
SID Mapping and build thread will continue at www.captainscifi.com

Hi Guys,

Until the future of this site is more certain I have opened my own web domain at www.captainscifi.com

If you are a customer of mine please take a moment to register there so I can stay in direct contact with you and you with me :D

Bernie

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Magazine from down under....

Hi Tony,

Magazine arrived today, very many thanks for sending it to me, certainly has stuff I have never seen anywhere else. :thumbup:

Cap'n

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Work continues....

Hi Guys,

I have just taken delivery of another Anderson model kit favourite: Revell's Gemini 1:24th scale capsule, if you are building S.I.D. or most other UFO models or a 44" Eagle transporter you will need a few of these:

These kits have become quite expensive in recent years. This is the 1999/2000 re-issue and it cost me around $40.00 plus almost the same in postage. I have since come to a buying arrangement with one of our American members so hopefully the next lot of kits I buy will be cheaper as I can have them shipped within the USA and sent as one consignment.

Right away I could see a Mobile windscreen centre bar part and the cab roof tanks. It is the strangest feeling to be looking at kits used by the model makers at the studio. Laying out out all the parts and understanding the choices they made. Some of the spherical tanks used for fuel or oxygen reminded me of the Eagle engine tanks, a few even have the disc that bisected the circumference, I wonder if this was the inspiration for the Eagle tanks design :think:

I will look at these parts and those from Tillie the Toiler, Long Tom and Honest John this weekend so we can pick apart S.I.D. one panel at a time. :D

Cap'n

Last edited:

NeoGoglu

Alphans
Does it still have the famous 'square part' which goes
on the transporter pod ? Can't see it !

Are you allowed to tell us in which chain store you found it ?
I'm going to Florida in two weeks and i will definitely grab a few of those kits.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Square bits added....

Hi Guys, rush, rush, rush kinda day....

Additional picture added to show the Eagle parts in question. :D

Cap'n