Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Sandra and ... Sarah Jane?!?!

BrianS

Alphans
Was watching latest episode of the Doctor Who spinnoff 'The Sarah Jane Andventures' when was completely surprised by an appearance by Sandra as the woman who officiates at Sarah Jane's wedding. :D

steve36uk

Alphans
Yeah was a bit odd cos I was browsin thru some old FAB mags at the time with some pics of her at a convention..........Bloody hell she's on the telly!!

MkIXHawk

Alphans
She quite often pops up in small parts in drama series such as 'Casualty' or 'The Bill'
She's a good, reliable actress, with no 'prima donna' about her, so she's had a steady flow of work over the years

Bishop

Alphans
My eldest daughter is enjoying the Sarah Jane stuff at present. That's the wonderful thing about the internet and hosting sites. We're never going to get the series in AU, but we can get them all on the computer

SPACE 1899

Alphans
She quite often pops up in small parts in drama series such as 'Casualty' or 'The Bill'
She's a good, reliable actress, with no 'prima donna' about her, so she's had a steady flow of work over the years

And recently appeared on Coronation Street.

Bronwyn

Alphans
I need to watch SJA I thought the first series was mint, and Doctor Who I can never quite get into it :)

tx4

Alphans
Zienia of course appeared in "Doctor Who" itself, right back in its first season in 1964.

BBC Video have a collection called "The Beginning" released here in the U.S. at least, that I picked up, with three of the earliest episodes (or the first three maybe), but also this, as reported on the back of it:

"Marco Polo -- 30-minute condensed version of lost 7-part story"

This was the story that Zienia was in then. I haven't seen this yet, as my father also enjoys DW and we've been going through this collection one story at a time occasionally.

My prior understanding, though, is that they had some audio (recorded by a fan with a tape player?) and mixed clips in with publicity (and continuity?) stills taken at the time of filming. I could be completely wrong about what comprised this version, however. Maybe someone else has a more certain comment on what this reconstruction is.