Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Sci Fi Airshow

Steve Gerard

Alphans
BillG.SF , welcome to the ETF, we value your brilliant Sci Fi Airshow site.:thumbup: What you have done is bring all our science-fiction dreams into the reality of your genius airshow.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Knight1966

Alphans
BillG.SF a very big :W: it's an honour and inspiration to have such distinguished industry professionals amongst our members here.

CR

Alphans
Or we show up late to meetings...

So, better late than never! Bill, that's fantastic work, and with just the right blend of reality, inside jokes/humor, and great artwork. Thank you for creating & sharing your passion for things that it turns out we here are all passionate about. :thumbup:

marcelo504

Alphans
OMG! It is an amazing AirShow, looks much real, At the first time I thought it was real, but I still prefer ir was real.

TerraForm1

Alphans
I love the crinkly gold foil applied to the girder-work in the pic above. Reminds me of NASA's Lunar-Excursion-Module - which I'm sure was the intent of the model builder.
KUDOS!

RedTrev

Alphans
I'm not convinced that "seeing is believing".

Compare the back leg on the shot "in the studio" compared to the shot "on the moon". Even though the craft appear to be facing in different directions, the moon dust kicked up by the leg is "exactly" the same shape in both - as is the angular stone just in front. The only difference is the Alpha Moonbase stickers - and why photoshop them out?

Given the obvious skills this modeler has, and considering his day job is to make us believe we see what he wants us to see, I'm highly suspicious of the whole 88" Eagle thing.

That of course takes nothing away from what is an excellent web site :)

saturnapollo

Alphans
The photo has just been flipped. Same model, but obiously had to take the Alphas logos out as they would be mirror image. Obviously some photoshop adjustments like lens flare etc, and you can see just above the forward portion of the spine a couple of Lunar Module antennae.

I thought he had only built a 44" Eagle though. Must dig out the article in Sci Fi and Fantasy Modeller.

Keith

NeoGoglu

Alphans

Given the obvious skills this modeler has, and considering his day job is to make us believe we see what he wants us to see, I'm highly suspicious of the whole 88" Eagle thing.

I agree

On both guys, the light seems to come from behind and above them,
their faces are dark.

And according to the eagle shadow, the should have light coming toward them, in front of them not from the back.

Transporter

Alphans
You are right RedTrev. One of the pics is mirrored. Also some of the painted details would be different on different sides of the Eagle.

It also seems to be bigger than 88", comparing the spine tube size to the fingers. But I have to admit it fooled me perfectly...:oops:

Compare the back leg on the shot "in the studio" compared to the shot "on the moon". Even though the craft appear to be facing in different directions, the moon dust kicked up by the leg is "exactly" the same shape in both - as is the angular stone just in front. The only difference is the Alpha Moonbase stickers - and why photoshop them out?

That of course takes nothing away from what is an excellent web site :)

saturnapollo

Alphans
Not too sure what you guys are seeing, but the light in both photos is coming from the rear of the model. As I said in my last post the image has been flipped, hence the need to take out the Alpha logos. The lunar image only has only source of light - coming from the rear and left.

The image with the two guys has more than one light source as they are obviously not trying to depict the single sun source. If you look you will see one of the lights is coming from the right and rear. This is the same one used on the other photo.

According to the article in Sci Fi And Fantasy, he only detailed one side of the model for the photography, hence the need to flip photos. There is a photo of him with the model on a trestle table at Fort Funston.

The article doesn't say what size the model is but it looks bigger than a 44" one but not quite 88". The photo with the two guys in the studio looks like it was taken with a wide angle lens, making the Eagle look bigger than it is.

Keith

Last edited:
Spectacular!
The aging, graffiti, open ports- the amount of care and thought that went into that Boneyard is awesome!
Two favorite parts- things never shown well in the series. The split cockpit showing how the whole thing went together and works, and the folding stairs mechanism on the passenger pod.