Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Scorpio Guns

T.F.U.

Alphans
The scorpio gun in the technical manual is too big and should be about 90% of the one in the manual but all the necessary dimensions are in these forums. It was called a clip guns because different clips fired different charges - laser, micro grenade etc. I have the blue prints of the gun and the teleport bracelet if you need them. Shame you aren't into the liberator blaster and teleport bracelet - there i could have helped you!

Jamesbeat

Alphans
Yes, I read that the Scorpio gun blueprints are too big, but that doesn't matter because we are exremely lucky to have the scans in this very thread!
Don't you worry, I am very interested in the Liberator guns and bracelets! The only reason I'm doing the Scorpio stuff first is because they look easier and I already had some aluminium plate to hand.
I'm going to PM you my email address now so you can send me the plans, and we'll have some fun with a build thread or two :)

Jamesbeat

Alphans
Something puzzles me about the photos at the start of this thread.
Look at the sideplate screw nearest the barrel in the gun in the publicity photo and in the replica. See how the sideplate is cut away and the screw doesn't go through it?
Now look at the scans of the original- the screw passes through a hole in the sideplate.
I can't see how this would happen during a refurbishment unless the sideplates were replaced.
Any thoughts?

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
Something puzzles me about the photos at the start of this thread.
Look at the sideplate screw nearest the barrel in the gun in the publicity photo and in the replica. See how the sideplate is cut away and the screw doesn't go through it?
Now look at the scans of the original- the screw passes through a hole in the sideplate.
I can't see how this would happen during a refurbishment unless the sideplates were replaced.
Any thoughts?

The side plates are totally different in the fact they also miss the 2 small pieces of rectangular mesh. In fact there are many differences to the one Dana is holding in the publicity photo, especially towards the rear of the gun.
I expect Dana's is a hero prop for close up's and the other something knocked together quickly or rather badly re-furbed.

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
The screw near the barrel actually holds the barrel in place, I prefer the cut out sideplate.
The two rectangels are just silver paint on the alluminium.

Andy H.

Jamesbeat

Alphans
I'm thinking of etching those rectangles on my replica rather than using tape.
I'm torn between using tape for authenticity or etching for robustness...

Jamesbeat

Alphans
Sorry, I had part of that conversation in my own head!
What I meant to say was that I was going to use some aluminium tape, but am thinking about etching instead.
Paint doesn't stick to aluminium very well, so I was thinking of one of the above two alternatives, despite the fact that they are less authentic.

Jeff nme

Alphans
Yes, I read that the Scorpio gun blueprints are too big, but that doesn't matter because we are exremely lucky to have the scans in this very thread!

I managed to find a copy of part 1 of the technical manual using the Wayback Machine web archive. :)
If the pages are printed out at A4 size, then the blaster is about 25% too big.

Don't you worry, I am very interested in the Liberator guns and bracelets! The only reason I'm doing the Scorpio stuff first is because they look easier and I already had some aluminium plate to hand.

I wasn't careful enough to check the pictures in this thread and wasted some expensive alupanel making a "monster sized" clip gun. :cry:

If any-one would like a copy of Part 1 of the Blake's 7 Technical Manual, please PM me for the PDF.

Anyone had any success on their clip guns?
I ask simply cause this is something I would love to tackle and there are a lot of posts here about size, ect.
This thread is a goldmine of information, but did HamSalad ever find a way to use the brackets that were oversized? Is there an answer to that part?

-ALC

Ham Salad

Alphans
Anyone had any success on their clip guns?
I ask simply cause this is something I would love to tackle and there are a lot of posts here about size, ect.
This thread is a goldmine of information, but did HamSalad ever find a way to use the brackets that were oversized? Is there an answer to that part?

-ALC

Nope: they are too big in every dimension, except the standoff for the mount...THAT is too small. Useless. It would be easier to cut tubing and plate to make the thing is 3 parts than it would be to try to fix the ones I got from the opto company. I set aside the project for the moment, as simon might be looking into making parts, he has a laser cutter.

I'm planning to cast up some face plates for the troopers from my original: after I put together the helmets I need for the scene I was planning to shoot, I was going to look into it again.

birdie

Alphans
Hi guys,

I'm starting up a small business in the new year offering laser cutting and engraving services. As Ham mentioned above, I'll be taking delivery of an 80w laser cutting machine later this month, and intend to make the clipgun and Bill Pearson's 'Blake Killer' (always loved that gun...) my first projects :)

I intend to use acrylic sheet for the primary build, only the real heavy duty machines will cut aluminium, unfortunately.

I have a lathe, so should be able to machine the scope and barrel. Will post more as soon as I have something to show.

Cheers,

Si

neophyl

Alphans
I had several sets of sides lasercut for my builds, mainly as they were much neater than the ones I hand cut :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg09y7ppegqqw51/2013-11-18%2020.13.20.jpg

Not quite 100% accurate but these ones are packed full of electronics, changing the clips makes the gun play different noises when fired and the barrel has an ir led and small lens fitted as they were built for an upcoming live action roleplay game taking place next year. So they "fire" infrared at target sensors and do different effects depending on the clip fitted.

The main bit I had to change was the top scope as its actually where the batteries are fitted. I repurposed some small flashlights so they unscrew to allow fitting of the batteries.

As I was having the sides lasercut I got them to etch the rectangles while they were doing it. I did use the Dana pic as my main reference but took elements from various to make my own idealised version. The pictures in this thread were very very useful.

I think I have a few sets left over as I am only making 10-15 for the game and. I had 20 sets cut.

neophyl

Alphans
Sorry to those who have pm'd me. I don't have the post count to reply as yet.

I didn't join the forum to sell the sides I have. I joined to get access to the reference pics :) which made things alot better. That and I know a few of the members from Aliens Legacy and the RPF of old. I'm not really one that makes a commercial thing out of this, its more a love of building 'working' props with lights/sounds etc for my other hobby.

That said, I don't mind letting go the limited amount of spares I have if people want them.

The only parts available would be the sides as I am turning down the barrels/sights etc for the ones I am building by hand and that's way too much work to produce at a reasonable cost.

The sides consist of 4 pieces, the 2 large sides and a left and a right detail piece. They have been cut out of 3mm thick sheet. The holes for the screws are cut out at 4mm. There are also pilot holes for the mirror screw domes.

The large holes in the detail pieces for the mirror screws are 12mm which is deliberately .5mm too small as it allows me to bevel the inner edge which means the side detail plates also hold the mirror screws in place as they grip the bottom edge when assembled. You could always enlarge them slightly if you want.

The different coloured sections on the detail parts are laser etched. If they arent to your taste you can always fit the left detail to the right side/vica versa which would hide the etched areas.

I shall post up some pics of the plain sides after the weekend (I am currently up in Scarborough for work so wont be back till the weekend).

If given all of the above you are still interested in a set then the cost would be £25 a set plus whatever postage turns out to be. I have no idea how much royal mail will charge at the moment. Guess I should weigh them :)

Phil

neophyl

Alphans
I should have a set for you too TFU. As I say when I get back home this weekend I shall pack a set up and proceed to the post office to figure out how much postage within the UK will be.

So far those who have expressed an interest are
Birdie 1
Ham 3
TFU 1

That's the 5 spare sets that I know I wasn't going to use, for any more I shall have to work out exactly how many full builds with sounds/lights/working clips I will actually need to make for the game next year and adjust accordingly.
Depends on how many people who said they wanted one actually go ahead when they find out the final price lol.