Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Scorpio Guns

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Simon!
Pleased to see you are interested in creating my 'Blake Killer' Gun. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos - other than those on 'city of glasgow college bill pearson' site.
Good Luck with your venture!
All the Best, Bill.

birdie

Alphans
Thanks Bill! :)

I managed to ID the correct tripod used for the shoulder stock, do you remember if there were any other found parts?

Cheers,

Simon

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Simon!
No other found parts were used. I wanted to prove to myself that I could fabricate it! I used Perspex sheet, EMA sections [ round & square ] , cellulose car aerosols, and chrome sellotape - some names from the past there!
I had to modify the Gun - when I was told that Blake had to be shot 3 times in sequence [ so 1 barrel became 3!]
I actually liked the Federation version for an earlier show - but no one seems to mention it. Maybe, because it did'nt kill the Hero and end the Series!
All the Best, Bill.

birdie

Alphans
I actually liked the Federation version for an earlier show - but no one seems to mention it. Maybe, because it did'nt kill the Hero and end the Series!

That's a very cool weapon :yes:

I think it was in the episode 'Warlord'? Certainly one of the later S4 ones.

That version is very ahead of its time, with the big shells in the magazine, it looks kind of like an ancestor of Jayne's infamous 'Vera' from Firefly.

The shoulder stock is a Cullman 0080 table tripod. Managed to pick one up on Ebay, so I have a start point :lol:

Loved the video, btw, the Roy Chubby Brown story is a classic :D

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Simon!
Glad you liked the video on 'city of glasgow college bill pearson' site!
Well done on the tripod! That was a long time ago.After Blake's, the handgun section appeared as Captain Zep's sidearm, in the BBC Series of the same name. Let's maybe forget about that! Again,Good Luck with the build.
All the Best, Bill.

neophyl

Alphans
Managed to get to the post office today and the price to post out 1 or 3 sets is the same, £3.50 for postage within the UK.

As I cant reply to pm's if you still want them can you email me at
phil(at)spartandesign.co.uk (replace the (at) with @ naturally) with your postage details etc.

Cheers

Phil

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Blake Killer gun

Just thought Id say this

The gun (well the middle bit anyway) as it appeared in Captin Zep still exists.
It was found in a Vis Effects cadge at BBC Telivsion Centre Stuck in a corner, years after its use,

Andy H

(photos to follow)

Last edited:

birdie

Alphans
Just thought Id say this

The gun (well the middle bit anyway) as it appeared in Captin Zep still exists.
It was found in a Vis Effects cadge at BBC Telivsion Centre Stuck in a corner, years after its use,

Andy H

(photos to follow)

Cool :)

Would love to see the pics. Tried to find Captain Zep, but there seems to be just a couple of old clips on Youtube. Did recognise the guy from the old Beeb 'classic' Rosie, though :)

KevinD

Alphans
I'm finally getting around to doing a new Clipgun scratchbuild (one every twenty years seems reasonable). The reference photos here are magnificent. Does anyone have a shot of the gun from above? I have no real idea what the top of the weapon looks like or the very back of the gun body. Any help would be appreciated:)

Solarick

Alphans
Afternoon all, just wondering about the clip gun clips, the technical manual has 9 listed, were they all used?
And were the sides of the clips have the same colours as the edges?

birdie

Alphans
I don't have my tech manual to hand, I'm guessing the basis on the clip info is what appears in 'Rescue' when Dayna is waxing lyrical about Dorian's weapon tech.

I think the only time they mentioned using a particular clip was in 'Sand' where they specify a percussion round due to the effects of the planet's atmosphere.

Ham Salad

Alphans
I don't have my tech manual to hand, I'm guessing the basis on the clip info is what appears in 'Rescue' when Dayna is waxing lyrical about Dorian's weapon tech..

You can see the wood grain! Why would anyone paint wood silver without sanding sealer?

Radio Man

Alphans
Laser cutting

Hi,

I'm new...And I've joined because of my love for Blake's 7, that and the Scorpio clip guns! Some AMAZING work here and top reference pics! I feel like I've found the best place in the world!!

I've decided I'm going to try to make one (!) - fool hardy - I mean, I'd happily buy one because my skills are limited - but well, why not try to make one?

So I'm going to try to do it out of proper aluminium. Does anyone know if there's a company who will do laser cutting of the side panels?

Also, before I even start - this is a question that worries me - where does a person stand in trying to build a prop like this with the law...I mean it's a gun - a space gun and not a real firearm - but you have to be very careful (and rightly so) these days.

Thanks so much for any help and HELLO!!

KevinD

Alphans
Hi and welcome. I cut my clipgun side panels out with a hacksaw and filed them to shape, you might not need a laser cutter! Strictly speaking, I think the realistic imitation firearms act means you shouldn't make something that looks like a real gun. I'm banking on the fact that most of my model was constructed before the act came in (and I've the magazine article to prove it!)

Lrl

Alphans
Just don't run around the streets with it. I'd recommend building a plastic or wooden one first. You'll make your mistakes on cheaper equipment, and you learn a lot from a prototype. And yes, the reference material here is the best I've ever found. Welcome aboard.

Radio Man

Alphans
Great advice about the prototype, hadn't considered that - what a fool!

Also good advice about the legal standing - many thanks.

I guess it'll be a trip to the DIY store for supplies.:thumbup: