Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Scorpio Guns

Ham Salad

Alphans
Hi and welcome. Strictly speaking, I think the realistic imitation firearms act means you shouldn't make something that looks like a real gun.)

Your government thinks a clipgun looks like a 'real gun'?

I've always said, that the level of crazy of a government can be measured by their restrictions on toy guns.

KevinD

Alphans
Yep, it's crazy. The act doesn't specify what makes a gun look realistic, just that you can't make one, modify something to look like one or import one. You can, however buy a real one that has been deactivated! Still, at least we can buy explosives in the local supermarket every November!:roll:

Radio Man

Alphans
Your government thinks a clipgun looks like a 'real gun'?

I've always said, that the level of crazy of a government can be measured by their restrictions on toy guns.

As Kevin said, and it extends to say, baking a cake in the shape of a gun that at a distance looks realistic. The penalties are very high - a 5 year sentence if found guilty.

The thing about the fireworks is a point well made.

On the aspect of legality - I must confess I'm having second thoughts about undertaking the project - which is a shame.

T.F.U.

Alphans
Dont turn away like I said you can own a blooming basooka in you own home if you wish and you have to have a lawful excuse in public. Like having it as a prop at a convention provided it cannot fire a missile which might injure. I am in the process of building a federation guard group and we fully intend to carry feddie blasters.

Radio Man

Alphans
Dont turn away like I said you can own a blooming basooka in you own home if you wish and you have to have a lawful excuse in public. Like having it as a prop at a convention provided it cannot fire a missile which might injure. I am in the process of building a federation guard group and we fully intend to carry feddie blasters.

Well, I did pop into the D.I.Y store yesterday - just to look, but they didn't have what I needed - so I think I'll be ordering some on-line...

Far as I can work out - most of what's needed is available...But the mounts for the scopes - I notice that a ways back that the part used as mounts were perhaps not available - so that's a bit of improvisation perhaps needed.

Ham Salad

Alphans
Still, at least we can buy explosives in the local supermarket every November!:roll:

Yeah, it's unfair we don't get to play with recreational pyrotechnics. In japan, they get them, and they live in fire danger...but oh no, we can't have anything 'dangerous.' Pfui!

My completed gun for Smallspace is up on Ebay if anyone is interested :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251674145498?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Just caught up with your post - great stuff there Birdie. Seriously.

How much did it sell for in the end?

Last edited:

birdie

Alphans
I sold it on Facebook for around £90, IIRC.

I would have produced more of these as kits, but my broken ankle put me out of action for a fair while, then the Century Castings kit came out, so they remain collector's pieces :lol:

Nice one mate. Stunning repro there, far better than the one I crafted myself back in 2007 when my dad was alive where I borrowed his shed (and tools) to make one.

During this time I also made a Logan's Run Sandman's "deep sleep" pistol - which was pretty cool looking.

Last edited:
Hello, this is a long shot but does anyone know if there is firm or individual who will undertake laser cutting of aluminium for the side panels to the Scorpio clip gun? I'm attempting a build that would be suitable for either airsoft innards or possible laser tag electronics...

I've contacted a couple of companies and they've turned me down flat.

Many thanks.

Ham Salad

Alphans
Hello, this is a long shot but does anyone know if there is firm or individual who will undertake laser cutting of aluminium for the side panels to the Scorpio clip gun? I.

There's somebody here who used to do it: I bought 3 sets from him, quite reasonably too.

neophyl

Alphans
Thanks for the heads up Mr Salad :)

I originally had 20 sets laser cut, for my lasertag version of the clip gun project I only needed 10 sets but did more, just in case I messed any up. I also ended up doing a custom one with a trigger more like the original concept art. It also has a removeable stock and a bigger screw on barrel that allows it to go from pistol to carbine and back.

I think I have a few sets left still. I shall check through the contents of the workshop to confirm but I think I have at least one set left over. Possibly theres more too but not 100% on that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lanzpvt80ps9ez/Clip%20Gun%20Sides.jpg?dl=0

Ham Salad

Alphans

I think I have a few sets left still. I shall check through the contents of the workshop to confirm but I think I have at least one set left over. Possibly theres more too but not 100% on that.

See? Isn't that great?

Just what you want, there you go. Now, If I can get another phil to cast me a control pod or two....

I originally had 20 sets laser cut, for my lasertag version of the clip gun project I only needed 10 sets but did more, just in case I messed any up. I also ended up doing a custom one with a trigger more like the original concept art. It also has a removeable stock and a bigger screw on barrel that allows it to go from pistol to carbine and back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lanzpvt80ps9ez/Clip%20Gun%20Sides.jpg?dl=0

Hello,

I'm in the market for some begging - and wondering, if by any chance you do have a set spare if I might put in an offer? Or maybe you could point me in the direction of a company that can do that sort of thing??