Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Scratchbuilding the Wanderer Class K47

Even more hurrah! All framework now done -

Attachments

• WANDERER FINAL FRAME.jpg
    WANDERER FINAL FRAME.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 35
  • WANDERER FINAL FRAME 2.jpg
    WANDERER FINAL FRAME 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 57
Oh, superb!

Cheers again Exterminator and it's great to have all the main work now done. The next thing I'll be doing is gluing the back half of the command module onto the main body [ it comes in 2 parts which snap together - which is handy for doing any cockpit detail later on ] and the 'hopefully' more fun parts such as the painting and detailing.

I'll also be trying to sort out much clearer photo's in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
So I've stuck the command module on and added further details so that's almost finished. Then I'll be doing the details on the main body but I might need some help again identifying more parts. I'll probably only post some photo's now when it's finished with a much better camera.

MangaMax

Alphans
Been reading all these pages with great interest - i started making a Wanderer a few years back, but gave up. But now have a hankering to have another go, so seeing your progress shots, Fallingstar, has been very inspiring.
Having a think about the parts i'd need, i'd really appreciate it if anyone could please tell me just which specific bits from the following kits are used - i may already have them in my bits box, and would'nt need to buy new one's:

Brummbar 35077.
2cm Flak 38 with Carriage 35091.
Skdfz232 (8-Rad) 35036.
Quad & 25lb gun 35044.

Many thanks in advance!

Been reading all these pages with great interest - i started making a Wanderer a few years back, but gave up. But now have a hankering to have another go, so seeing your progress shots, Fallingstar, has been very inspiring.
Having a think about the parts i'd need, i'd really appreciate it if anyone could please tell me just which specific bits from the following kits are used - i may already have them in my bits box, and would'nt need to buy new one's:

Brummbar 35077.
2cm Flak 38 with Carriage 35091.
Skdfz232 (8-Rad) 35036.
Quad & 25lb gun 35044.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers Manga and nice to know it's been inspiring to you. At the moment I've been adding details like plastic strip to the tanks but I stupidly put too much primer on so have to scrape it away every time I want to stick the pieces on - which has slowed progress but it's coming along [ I wish I'd done these details before sticking the tanks to the main body though ]. Plus as usual finding time in between doing other things and life in general slows things even more.

As for those kits I haven't used any of those so far so maybe someone else on here can tell you what's used for what [ maybe the Quad's mudguards are on the rear? ]. I'm leaving things like that for last and will need help there myself. I'm not sure if some of those were on the Wanderer though and might be on the Pursuit ships instead. The only kits I've used so far are the Airfix Lunar lander, Space 1999 Eagle and Space shuttle.

Great work,
The kits mentioned are used on Blake's 7 but not on the wanderer or pursuit ships.
I think there's a bit of airfix Vostok/Saturn v on the engine section of the wanderer?
But I maybe wrong I haven't watched that episode in a while...

Great work,
The kits mentioned are used on Blake's 7 but not on the wanderer or pursuit ships.
I think there's a bit of airfix Vostok/Saturn v on the engine section of the wanderer?
But I maybe wrong I haven't watched that episode in a while...

Thanks. Not sure about the Vostok [ I've got a Revell Vostok somewhere ] but yes there is a Sat V piece on the rear that the engine bells fit into. I've also used a Sat V part instead of the EMA cone that was discussed as I had a spare one and it looks similar [ plus I'm not going for a totally exact replica - though I'm still trying to make it as close as possible ].

We discussed the engine bells a while back but what's everyone else think of this. I think the original engine bells 'were' from an Airfix Space 1999 Eagle. They do look like them in the photo's Exterminator provided of the original model screencap -

https://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18424&d=1424095681

BUT

In this photo of the model in later years does everyone think I'm correct in saying that it looks in this photo that at least one of the Eagle engine bells has been lost and replaced with another engine bell from another kit possibly the Starcruiser as we also discussed [ bottom one ] -

https://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18368&d=1423437784

Maybe that's why we weren't sure before?

Last edited:

MangaMax

Alphans
Its just dawned on me that i've been overlooking something - this end of the Space Shuttle Fuel Tanks. That's an added part isn't it? Looks EMA domes to me - am i right? If so, an idea of what type?

It's either Ema dishes heads or a Saturn 1b/V command module heat shield.
Looks as if both may have been employed as one is definately shallower than the other.
The replacement engine is definately from an AIRFIX space model. Probably Starcruiser but maybe one of the others released in 1980?

It's either Ema dishes heads or a Saturn 1b/V command module heat shield.
Looks as if both may have been employed as one is definately shallower than the other.
The replacement engine is definately from an AIRFIX space model. Probably Starcruiser but maybe one of the others released in 1980?

Certainly looks like the starcruiser. It can't be the Cosmic Clipper though as that has squareish engines. Here's a nice build of that -

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/airfix-n-s-cosmic-clipper-08175-7-t20715.html

F***!
I'VE JUST REALISED.
COSIMIC CLIPPER IS ALL OVER THE LONDON MINIATURE!
What a find - thanks for that, Sorry to go off topic.

Exterminator

Deputy Commander
Staff member
F***!
I'VE JUST REALISED.
COSIMIC CLIPPER IS ALL OVER THE LONDON MINIATURE!
What a find - thanks for that, Sorry to go off topic.

Hello! Airfix's Cosmic Clipper kit wasn't released until 1981, so it couldn't have been used on the original London model. I know the London model has been heavily repaired over the years, but I can't say I can see any bits from the kit on the current model.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/182416-airfix-08175-7-cosmic-clipper#

Attachments

• 1_4583fde6c326b0b7e2d15e3150fd3ade.jpg
    1_4583fde6c326b0b7e2d15e3150fd3ade.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 22
Ok new year and I've restarted with the Wanderer. As you'll notice one of the tanks has broken off [ as I dropped it accidently ] but hope you can see I've been cutting out various panels from plasticard plus adding numerous strip styrene. I've temporarily stuck some on the tank with blu tac plus I'm mirroring some of the detail on the other side [ which as we all know is pretty bare on the original ] so that's what those parts next to the ship are for. They're identical to the panels I've temporarily stuck on. The original has what looks like various bits of tape etc for the details but I thought I'd do them much more permanent with styrene.

Attachments

• WANDERER BROKEN BUT WITH PANELS.jpg
    WANDERER BROKEN BUT WITH PANELS.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 44
You guys still around? It's very close to being finished now. All major parts done including all the styrene strip and parts such as the railway bridge stuck on.

I've read back through this thread but will need some more help with identifying a last few pieces.

Last edited:
Ok just got a new camera so hopefully the pics will be a lot clearer. This is a test and still learning how to use it without any instructions. Obviously it's the wrong way round but as you can see most of the work's been done apart from some details and most of it's been primered.

Attachments

• WANDERER NEW 002.jpg
    WANDERER NEW 002.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: