Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Scratchbuilding the Wanderer Class K47

Ok folks it's now finished but I'm having difficulty uploading images on here. I've had no reply from the administration after 2 weeks. If anyone can help let us know. I've also got an apology for SC100B if you're still around.

Last edited:

MangaMax

Alphans
Excellent work! I've been following this thread with interest as i started one of these, but gave up once i'd assembled the four main parts, and realised what a humongous, shelf filling beast it would be. Really good to see someone completed one, and it looks great!

Excellent work! I've been following this thread with interest as i started one of these, but gave up once i'd assembled the four main parts, and realised what a humongous, shelf filling beast it would be. Really good to see someone completed one, and it looks great!

Cheers Manga. Interesting to read you started one too but yes it is big and a shelf filler so I can understand that. For the time being I'll be putting it in storage in a box until I can find a way to display it too plus the pursuit ship I'm doing will be big also as you'll know. More photo's to come.

Just to clear one small thing up --------- I said I had an apology for SC100B so here it is

After reading back the whole thread I noticed that in post 128 I said this -

"We discussed the engine bells a while back but what's everyone else think of this. I think the original engine bells 'were' from an Airfix Space 1999 Eagle. They do look like them in the photo's Exterminator provided of the original model screencap -

BUT

In this photo of the model in later years does everyone think I'm correct in saying that it looks in this photo that at least one of the Eagle engine bells has been lost and replaced with another engine bell from another kit possibly the Starcruiser as we also discussed [ bottom one ]" -

In post 25 SC100B said this though -

"I've just looked at the episode Killer on YouTube and the Starcruiser engines and Sat V piece aren't the original parts used. They were Airfix Eagle engines stuck to some other piece. The new pieces must have been added after the originals broke off and were lost".

So if you're still around SC100B sorry about that as these little things can be irritating. I must have missed your post or something.

Anyway here's another photo of the underside this time -

Attachments

• WANDERER FINISHED UNDERSIDE 001.jpg
    WANDERER FINISHED UNDERSIDE 001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15