Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Season 3 Thunderbirds Are Go CGI

Thanks!

It wasn't easy to find the information.

Which seems a bit strange as the TV company presumably wants a lot of people to watch the show?

It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying “Beware of the Leopard”.

Jim

Thanks!

It wasn't easy to find the information.

Which seems a bit strange as the TV company presumably wants a lot of people to watch the show?

It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ***8220;Beware of the Leopard***8221;.

Jim

It's ridiculous. When it first came on they at least advertised it and put it on in the late afternoon [ once anyway ]. Now it's not advertised and it's stuck on kids tv in the morning. I think they think there's no older fans.

Last edited:

tryptych

Alphans
They are doing exactly what they did to the New Captain Scarlet show.
Buried it in Saturday morning kids TV.
No wonder Gerry was furious.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
The More Things Change...

Those who do not remember the past, are condemned to repeat it...

(attributed to Santayana)

:bang:

They are doing exactly what they did to the New Captain Scarlet show.
Buried it in Saturday morning kids TV.
No wonder Gerry was furious.

What's the source for that Amazon date? Didn't know they'd picked it up for 5&6!

Sorry for my confusion! I was in error...

UK ITV has season 3 on now. UK numbers the seasons 1 pt1, 1 pt2, 2 pt1, 2pt 2, 3 pt1, 3 pt 2.
The US numbers the 1/2 seasons as separate seasons, so US season 3 streamed last year, but is known in the UK as Season 2 pt1.

Amazon has yet to publish info about "season 5" and "season 6" (I think?)

Jim

I have been watching Season 3/5 on Amazon Prime here in the US.
Pluses- the action and character motion seems to be more fluid
Negatives- water SFX looks ridiculous- the original show gave water scale and mass, this show looks like it was filmed using a kitchen sink.

I am only a couple of shows in, a fair mix of the big adversary battle with the Hood/Mechanic and stand alone shows.

One question- what kind of security does International Rescue have if the man at the desk of a ski resort knows Jeff Tracy was head of the Thunderbirds (Brains also gave his full legal name to the guy). IIRC the world knows Tracy Island exists but never knew the family had the remotest connection to IR...

Ewww god! Did anyone see yesterdays effort? It was pretty dire.

First off I thought they were going to be using more models but the trucks stuck on the mountain were ropey cgi.

Secondly the physics and action were ridiculous. We had people standing upright on truck trailers balancing ok whilst the truck is sliding and falling all over the place and people miraculously clinging on for ages whilst the trailer's just about falling off the mountain.

Then that stupid insect pod like thing that could walk vertical down rocky mountains and the usual grappling hooks that just stick in to giant rocks and lift them.

And I'm already sick of that superhero guy in his suit who can make the ground shake violently with a punch. It's unrealistic, lazy programme making without any sense of real danger and suspense. Ludicrous.

badsimmonds

Alphans
I know I'm in the minority here but I think the whole series is absolutely dire. There is no effort to make things realistic or believable. When I think of the effort put into the original series to make it as good as possible the production team would have fits seeing this under the Thunderbirds banner. To think there are more episodes of this than the original.
I expected much more when I first heard Weta were to be involved and I was so disappointed when I saw the first episode.

I wouldn't say it's all been dire but yeah - nowhere near as good as it could have been. They could have made a more grown up show that would appeal to everyone but no they went the usual route of making it kiddified and stuck on kids tv. And it baffles me why they don't try and make things more realistic and believable. I think there's a lot of untalented people in tv these days [ modern Dr Who writers for a start ] who either don't care that much how things turn out or they're plain not very good.

Many of them are more interested in pushing politics than doing decent tv.

dwomby

Forum Supporter
I enjoyed the first two series - various episodes with The Hood and then the Mechanic - but this 'Chaos Crew' theme is doing nothing for me. It was a weak idea to start with and very tired after 3 episodes. I assume (and hope) they will not be in every episode this season.

David

The original series strived to make the show look as realistic as possible using miniatures- the vehicles had mass and surface detailing which looked to scale.
The new show has the virtual cameras set up to make the ships look like handheld toys.

The original series strived to make the show look as realistic as possible using miniatures- the vehicles had mass and surface detailing which looked to scale.
The new show has the virtual cameras set up to make the ships look like handheld toys.

The 2 mountain trucks were the worst recently but the way some of the vehicles move looks toylike also.