Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Shado Mobile from Oz

Bishop

Alphans
Yep that's great. Its finished up very nicely. The old cardboard job wasn't too bad for way back in the day. Dinky colours and all. You had it in you back then too.

Big Rab

Forum Supporter
The Mobile looks really nice, well done.

just wondered what colour you painted it?

I used a Nissan light blue metallic for mine (which is not a million miles away from the original Ford Arctic blue)
Hosted on Fotki

However if you are in a paint shop, have a look at this other metallic blue from the 60s as another option. The angle of the camera to light makes one look darker, but they are very close to each other in real life, honest ( product information is circled for everyones reference)

Hosted on Fotki

Once again well done on the Mobile :thumbup:

CaptanApollo

Alphans
Hi Mike Ive been rather busy with Helijets lately, So no aging as yet, but the other day i managed to finish applying the last graphices. I had the shado lettering vinyl cut, and it came out very well. Thanks for the kind words, Big Rab, paint wise i used a colour called Blue Mist metallic .

TonyB

Forum Supporter
I have to concur with the other replies, a very nice Shado Mobile build, excellent job.

saturnapollo

Alphans
Brilliant work there and what a nice smooth finish. I've never been able to get a metallic colour to come out without a certain graininess! How did you achieve that effects?

Keith

JAWSMODELS

Alphans
Gday Jim

I recently was introduced to Jim & can say his work is amazing. To go with that Jim is an incredibley nice & talented person. The Shadow Mobile looks just sweet up close as does all of his work. Thanks Jim for the tour & congrats on the award nomination :clap:. I look forward to having you down to look at my Battlestar build.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
More talent....

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum, as I recall you are a talented builder yourself. It would be very cool if you posted an article or two. :thumbup:

Cap'n

JAWSMODELS

Alphans
Thanks Captain! I haven't yet built any Anderson replicas. im currently building an SS Battlestar. Doing my homework for an Eagle 44". You will see me around here a bit now. Thanks for the welcome & will probably hit you up for some parts at some stage. Jim's a top bloke & look forward to hopefully working with him on some builds in the future.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Up, up and away.....

I chatted with Jim (CaptanApollo) on Skype yesterday. Today is the day he is flying to the USA in preparation for the Emmy awards ceremony. The excitement in his household was obvious even to me half a world away.... :dance:

We'll know in the next few days whether he was successful (I really hope so) and collects the award.

He has promised to email as soon as he can but we can forgive him if he falls off the radar for a bit, he certainly has a good excuse! :D

Cap'n