Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Wowsa, thank you all so much for all the kind words I really am gobsmacked and unusually for me don't really know what to say
I guess the best I can do is keep the updates coming so here's the latest...
There's now some mesh in the big intake behind the cab courtesy of some photo-etch I had kicking around.
The funny little strips with holes in above the screen have been giving me headaches for weeks (they remind me of brake shoes for anyone old enough to remember cars with drum brakes). Digging through a box of old photo-etch odds and ends I found some 1/35 scale belts and straps and after shaving 0.5mm off either side, they looked perfect to me. I still have to add a small triangular strip between the two rows of holes but ran out of time last night.
....again, I have to keep reminding myself how small this fantastic creation actually is. When I cut small bits of styrene it's in the vain hope they come out looking squared-off (that's if they stay on the cutting board in the first place.....else they ping off into the unknown) and neat, but I can only work without my glasses now for close-ups....
You're achieving amazing results, and goodness knows just how great this is going to look when it's painted.
Thank you kindly Patrick... I too have the same issue with tiny parts pinging off into the abyss, well actually it's my carpet, I think my most miraculous recovery was when I lost a small part for two days and only found it when it fell out of my dog's ear :yes:
So here's the latest, the body exterior is finished... please shout if you see something I've missed, the cab visor and the intake that sits on the front of the cab roof will be separate parts as it'll never release from the mould with them on.
I've started on the interior, there's now a bulkhead and a master for the six consul panels that sit on it. A spares box seat has been modified for the seat master and I've made the first track link... I had a grand plan to make a bunch of these and string them together for a track master but seeing as just one took over an hour to do and is made up of eight pieces I think I'll just mould it and cast a bunch to string together instead
Well that's enough individual links cast so onto creating a track run for casting. As you can see in the pics to keep everything square I tape a piece of ali angle to a sheet of glass this makes sure the run is straight and then use a steel rule to keep the links at 90 degrees... looks like it worked ok
Wowsa was it really six months ago I last did an update... sorry fellas
Well the moulds have been made for a good few months now and here are some pictures of the fourth one out, the first three were all for friends so I've finally done one for myself, I guess I'll get around to building it at some point!
Thanks Galligraphics, it's nice to be finally getting back on with it.
Not the best pictures in the world as they were taken on my phone in poor light but here's my Paul Foster.
He's a PJ Productions 1/72 transport pilot. Actually he's a Frankenstein's monster of all 3 of the figures that come in the set and the poor bugger's had his legs amputated not to mention the cocktail stick jammed where the sun don't shine but he should fit in the cabin nicely and you won't see a great deal of him once he's in there.