Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Ship models from Planet of Fire/Happiness Patrol/Twin Dillema?

Sorry for starting another thread so quick, but I'm also wondering about some other ship models that we never really get a decent shot of and wondering what may have happened to them - all of these screenshots were from DVDs, which included the photo galleries which sadly didnt have photos of the models which doesnt bode well :(

I rather wish that this model from Planet of Fire had more screentime. Apparently the visual effects for this story were by Chris Lawson but that doesnt say about who designed the model really?

Another story with a more oddball design that I liked was this shuttle craft in 'The Happiness Patrol. This storys effects were by Perry Brahan who also did 'Silver Nemesis' and this does have the look of the Cybermen spaceships we saw in that one. I'm not sure if Mike Tucker worked on this story or not?

Also a few seasons earlier we did have 'The Twin Dillema' which say what you want had some very nice modelwork. I wish there had been more shots of this little patrol craft that Kevin McNally flies around in

Apparently Stuart Brisdon did this stories effects, hopefully he can use that Game of Thrones money to tell us what happened to the models of the patrol ship and this freighter that the villains use. I personally love this design and I hope its still around

Last edited:

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Well the freighter certainly still existed when I was at BBC Visual Effects in the late 80's.
As far as I remember it was made by Malcom James.
I've got some photos somewhere, I'll have to dig em out...
The model was quite big and very nicely detailed and was about 2 feet-ish.

Regards
Andy H.

Well the freighter certainly still existed when I was at BBC Visual Effects in the late 80's.
As far as I remember it was made by Malcom James.
I've got some photos somewhere, I'll have to dig em out...
The model was quite big and very nicely detailed and was about 2 feet-ish.

Regards
Andy H.

Oh, I hope you manage to find these photos! It certainly did look very large from its few shots on screen

How many models did they keep at the BBC Visual Effects dept at that time? Was it entirely everything they had previously used?