Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Sixteen 12 12" Eagles - new!

eagle44

Alphans
I'm really hoping that this reply gets uploaded !.
I can well do without spending a further £800.00 at this moment in time.
But..we only live once ..and I'm along for the ride.
Can't wait to get the Hawks :thumbup:

Last edited:

Liberator

Alphans
Earthbound

Well my Earthbound arrived down under - 8 days from the UK. Unpacked it, yep unpacked it to check it out. All I can say is it's awesome - I was balking at the cost, but no regrets. So well packed it traveled well! Metal legs on the alien ship, well made looks brilliant. Very happy collector here. Now they add three more to collect - damn them!

eagle44

Alphans
Hawk'eye

..Hawks are happening :thumbup:
Two are planned, but do I remember three different versions ? (not screen used)

White, black nose shelves
Orange, black nose shelves
Orange, white nose shelves

Yeah, I'm feeling your pain. ;) I forgot all about it until I checked my email and got the info from Sixteen-12. I did the 3 combo one to save on the shipping cost. Interesting enough, I went to the Sixteen-12 facebook page to look for the new info and it seems it's no longer public. I got the blank login page. That really sucks as I do not do any social media and with their facebook being public, you can read posts and see the pictures/videos. Now you can't. :thumbdown::x

Dorzac

Alphans
Yeah, I'm feeling your pain. ;) I forgot all about it until I checked my email and got the info from Sixteen-12. I did the 3 combo one to save on the shipping cost. Interesting enough, I went to the Sixteen-12 facebook page to look for the new info and it seems it's no longer public. I got the blank login page. That really sucks as I do not do any social media and with their facebook being public, you can read posts and see the pictures/videos. Now you can't. :thumbdown::x
Only really looked at their Facebook page when they had the videos of the stand they had at some event, with the new stuff on ...

I wouldn't mind, but i've already got both Interceptor versions and two UFO's on order, plus still waiting for the comlock stungun set. Quite a bit of the filthy lucre has gone their way last few months ...

Interesting enough, I checked their facebook page today and it's back to being public and accessible again. Read some new messages and apparently on Friday there was a surge of orders for the new sets that it crash their website! I didn't have a problem with the site when I placed my order.

yorkie

Alphans
Nice to see them back in production. Still got my Product Enterprise versions from a decade ago. Hope they do a diecast Sky 1 one day (not a reissue of the little one that comes with SkyDiver).

Dorzac

Alphans
Whilst the board was transitioning was one of the times I could used some advice! I received my Retro UFO Interceptor a few weeks back but both the small rear grey thruster bells had snapped off. Apparently 1612 had no replacement so I had a go at sticking them on with Superglue as suggested by the reply in the 1612 email, but they didnt stick well at first I think due to the green paint finish on the body work, stuck them on eventually, took a few goes whilst the superglue digested the paint i think. Did it in the end but not a great job - did everybody else get theirs OK?

Hello - not new here, but it seems my avatar and login details (and one or two variants thereof) have vanished over the years.

Long ago, I bought the Product Enterprise Eagles released in the early 2000s. (Still proudly displayed in my studio.) Only recently discovered that company had regenerated into Sixteen 12! Managed to nab one of the Hangar Sets before they'd all gone, and am now waiting for the Dragon's Domain set and special edition Hawks. Couldn't afford all of them so had to make choices, and as I already have the new MPC model kit of the Hawk, I went for the white special edition.

Looks like Sixteen 12 are going into full production on the Landing Pad set and 5" eagles also - oooh, me achin' wallet!

They sent out an email with the latest info about the launch pad and the 5" Eagles. I'm passing on those as I have their 12" series ones. Interesting enough they did mention in a previous email that they were thinking about expanded the launch pad series with other ships and mentioned a Swift. I would hate it if they did a 5" Swift instead of a 12" one.

A 5" Swift sounds like they're hedging their bets a bit. The Hawk's sort of "proven" - I'd guess that it's just seen as more exciting, being a fighter ship. We've had two model kits of the Hawk over the years and even a little, very nicely detailed Konami miniature, whereas the Swift's never seen commercial exploitation to my knowledge. (There's a really good garage kit on sale on eBay, in scale to the PE/16-12 Eagles, but I'm trying to ignore it as it's not cheap and I don't really have much spare time to build it anyway). I think I'd be pleased to see any representation of a Swift but yeah, after waiting so many years, a smaller scale one seems a little disappointing. On the other hand, I don't think I'd be able to resist it. Better something than nothing, eh? And it did look good on that landing pad in Brian the Brain!

Dorzac

Alphans
Have any UK people received their Interceptor with Crater and/or Saucer sets yet by any chance? I got my Retro one nearly a month ago, but havent seen anything of the others, and I get the feeling from 1612 updates they perhaps should have gone out at roughly the same time!?

So, is anyone else having issues with Sixteen-12 and shipping/custom fees???? When the last Eagle set was shipped, the shipping company sent me an invoice for taxes/custom which turned out to be higher then what it was suppose to be. It turns out Sixteen-12 gave the shipping company the wrong amount on the cost of the goods. I contacted Sixteen-12 and the issue was never resolved. Well, today I got the invoice for taxes/customs and was higher then it was suppose to be. It turns out Sixteen-12 gave the total cost of the order (including shipping) as the cost of goods only and therefore I'm being charged a higher amount for taxes. I sent them an email but they are closed until Monday. I can't believe they did this to me a second time. Really kind of ticked off about it. I suggest everyone checks their forms and figures to see if it is correct or not and if it's wrong, contact Sixteen-12 to complain. :mad:

I got a response from Sixteen12 and they quote a government rule that states to include the shipping cost. I completely disagree with this as whenever I have ordered something from another country when taxes/duties were to be calculated, it was the cost of the goods only (you don't include the shipping cost). So that was it, even though I do not agree with it, went and paid the bill. Still with the previous Eagle set incident was never resolved, I've started getting a bad taste from Sixteen12.

Good news: I got my Infernal Machine delivered today. Bad news: I got the wrong number! o_O I don't have the time to open it up and take a look at it today, I'm hoping to do that over the weekend. I have to contact Sixteen-12 (probably on Monday) and inform them that they gave my the wrong number (sticker) and for them to send me the correct number sticker.