Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Sixteen 12 12" Eagles - new!

fredlight

Alphans
Well, when they finally posted their prices it turned out pretty good. The 4 Eagle sets are 124 GBP which is currently about $207 CAD. The last 2 Eagles released years ago where $125 to $150 CAD so not bad of a bump up, better than I had thought it would be ($300 or $400 CAD). I decided to get the first 4 Eagle sets (I'm not interested the Hanger set, the only thing I like there is the staircase and the docking tube). I also want to get the Hawk one although they haven't posted the price for that yet. For the last week, I was going to put my name on the reserve list and I kept putting it off for a week until Thursday when I finally did it. I couldn't find any info on the process, I think it's just sending them an email. Does anyone know how long it takes for Product Enterprise to respond? It's been 2 days and I haven't heard anything from them.

Hi,
it took me several weeks before I got ananswer from them, but they always answered. Be patient and they will answer you, be sure to check your spam folder though...Regards

I got their email response today! I chose the Early bird payment. I thought about asking whether they can add an accessory for their Exiles Eagle crane arm set. Not sure what episode it was, but they used the crane arm holding a small box with a small claw holding a red fuel rod and called it a "refueling" Eagle. If they included that small box with claw and fuel rod that's another Eagle variant.

Wow, it's been 11 months since the last message. Well, the first 12" Eagle, The Breakaway is now out. I got mine and I love it. When I took everything out of the box and attached the platform pod, I was placing the 6 radiation canisters on it and I wondered if they had magnets in them to attach to the platform floor. It turns out no, they don't. That would have made it 10 out of 10.

I had the previous 6 Eagles in display cases (Tamiya Display Case F) and I tried the Breakaway Eagle in it and because of the platform base it's a tight fit. The cover closes but when you remove the cover it moves the base. I tried it in equivalent Trumpeter 09815 case which is a little wider and a little longer but shorter in height and it fits. The next Eagle is the Immunity Syndrome which has the glider on top and I'm not sure if that is going to fit in the Trumpeter case because of the height.

fredlight

Alphans
Got mine too, very happy with it

Attachments

• WP_20181005_16_14_57_Rich.jpg
    WP_20181005_16_14_57_Rich.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 53
  • WP_20181005_16_15_33_Rich.jpg
    WP_20181005_16_15_33_Rich.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 65
  • WP_20181005_16_19_51_Rich.jpg
    WP_20181005_16_19_51_Rich.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 73
  • WP_20181009_17_03_38_Rich.jpg
    WP_20181009_17_03_38_Rich.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 75
I got the same emails. They discontinuing the 2 Hawk models and the laser tank set. I do not have any Hawks models at all and I was glad that they were doing a diecast metal one so I could finally have one. I'm disappointed that it's been cancelled. Looking forwarded to the other 3 sets as well as the 3 new ones that have just been announced.

Why the hell are they discontinuing the Hawk? For a start it hasn't even come out yet and if the sold out Eagles are anything to go by then the Hawks could be a money spinner.

This is from their Facebook page:

" Sad News
Unfortunately, despite a "relatively" encouraging response, it is unlikely we will be able to proceed with our proposed Die Cast HAWK and Die Cast Laser Tank Set.

Sadly its simple economics - the cost of producing all new tooling for a low manufacturing run would make for a prohibitively expense model which the market will not support. We will however keep all pre order interest "on file" should things change."

Their regular Hawk and Laser Tank sets would be a production run of 1,000 each and their Hawk Special Edition would be a run of 500 (it's different paint job of all white). Sixteen 12 released one of the three Laser Tanks in their second Science Lab Eagle set (which I have) and I wasn't interested in the Laser Tank set.

Last edited:
Shame. I wonder if the new MPC kit's affected that? Can't see why they won't bring out the laser tank again though as they've already got the moulds for that as far as I know.

eagle44

Alphans
Interesting how as time goes by the excitement for what they were offering has turned to annoyance..at what they've decided not to do.
The Hawk..seamed like a done deal, it was what so many people really wanted to see, I desperately want it.
At least two version could be done, but I now worry about the extra episode versions to..fill in..instead.
I can see by the end of the set..it'll be financially comparable to getting one of the 44" versions.
Time will tell, cheers all..Ian "eagle44".

".........

Interesting how as time goes by the excitement for what they were offering has turned to annoyance..at what they've decided not to do.
The Hawk..seamed like a done deal, it was what so many people really wanted to see, I desperately want it.
At least two version could be done, but I now worry about the extra episode versions to..fill in..instead.
I can see by the end of the set..it'll be financially comparable to getting one of the 44" versions.
Time will tell, cheers all..Ian "eagle44".

".........

They seem to be good at that.

The people who wanted the Hawk (like myself) are not happy about it being discontinued and yes, I thought it was a 'done deal' too. Looking back, they never posted any photos of the 10" Hawk on their website. They did have some photos of one of the three Laser Tanks but that was the one that they released with the second Science Pod Eagle set. So, no photos on the other two.

Awhile back they did mentioned that they wanted to do the Collision Course Eagle and I figured that there was 2 or 3 other variants left (Eagle that was been refueled and Eagle with a 'regular' docking tube.) I wish that they would release the Earthbound Eagle with docking tube separately as the Diorama is too big and expensive for me as well as I don't need a third Science Pod Eagle. Seriously, they should have split this set (#5) in half - for those that just wanted the docking Eagle (with the stairs) (like me) could get just that and for those that wanted the Diorama set (with people figures) could buy that as a second separate option.

As for the Collision Course (Set #6), Sixteen 12 has already posted photos of it, so I'm pretty sure this one is being released. We have to wait and see for them to announce what the other 2 are going to be.

Last edited:

Dorzac

Alphans
I hope one of the new versions isn't a flat one based on the cardboard cut-out they used in one or more episodes ... :D

pjskeldon

Alphans
Ha! Hadn't thought of that.

Disappointed that demand hasn't made the Hawk and tank set viable. Assuming that they didn't have to do much to get the Eagles produced, it's a shame that there's not much new apart from some plastic accessories.

I have a 44inch Eagle on order and I'm still on the list for an Ultra Probe, but it would have nice to have had something different in the smaller scale sets.

Ho hum, expectations dashed again. :(

Phil

Ha! Hadn't thought of that.

Disappointed that demand hasn't made the Hawk and tank set viable. Assuming that they didn't have to do much to get the Eagles produced, it's a shame that there's not much new apart from some plastic accessories.

I have a 44inch Eagle on order and I'm still on the list for an Ultra Probe, but it would have nice to have had something different in the smaller scale sets.

Ho hum, expectations dashed again. :(

Phil

They'll be cancelling the UFO diecasts next.

I hope one of the new versions isn't a flat one based on the cardboard cut-out they used in one or more episodes ... :D

It probably will be. "Our next exciting new model will replicate one of the 2D models seen in the show in every authentic detail"

Ok, some interesting things have happened. First, I noticed awhile back, that Sixteen-12 in their 12" Eagle section removed the 10" Hawk and 3 Laser Tank set. They then added, 3 new sections - Collision Course Eagle, Breakaway Part 2, and Ultra Deluxe Earthbound (sounds like another Diorama). I hit the Reserve Now button for all 3 to be placed on their Reserve List. Unlike the other time, I didn't get any response from them at all. I hope I'm on the reserve list for those 3.

They stated in emails that payment for Eagle 3 (The Exiles) and Eagle 4 (New Adam New Eve) would start on December 12th - that hasn't happened. I hope soon, as I want to get the payment out of the way.

Anyway............ I was checking their Deluxe Hanger Set and looking at the pictures and .................. they changed the pictures. The original pictures showed a 3rd version of the Science Lab Eagle, a new Eagle with a Passenger pod that has the one-off docking tube with the black circle seal tube, a staircase and people figures. I was just interested in the Eagle with the docking tube and staircase. The new pictures have the Science Lab Eagle and instead of the Docking Eagle it has another Freighter Eagle! The main 4 engines on both Eagles and the 2 engines on the top booster are aluminum. Staircase and people figures haven't changed.

I think they moved the Docking Eagle over to the Ultra Deluxe Earthbound set. If this is going to be another diorama, I think it's going to have the blue Earthbound ship as well. Sixteen 12 have mentioned on their facebook page that they are updating their site on Christmas. More info and photos???

Last edited:

wvrs158

Alphans
Also, the Dinky tribute Eagle has been announced for end March, 2019. No complaints here, but I think it would have made a great SDCC exclusive. I hope they stick with the Dinky tribute packaging, too. Very cool.

Also, the Dinky tribute Eagle has been announced for end March, 2019. No complaints here, but I think it would have made a great SDCC exclusive. I hope they stick with the Dinky tribute packaging, too. Very cool.

Yes the retro eagle looks like a nice piece. Don't know about anyone else but I regard those colours as canon as they're an important part of Space 1999 history. It's like having a Dinky Eagle but a vastly improved one.

wvrs158

Alphans
Exactly. History. I still own the originals, and I'll never part with them. That's 43 years they take me back, and I still remember my mom driving us over so I could pick out my very first of many, many transporters after seeing it advertised in Boys Life. Ahhh... good times.

Last edited: