Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Sixteen/12 Studio Scale 44" Masterpiece Collection Signature Edition

cerealkiller

Alphans
They're still taking instalments from me, the most recent a few days ago, although it doesn't seem to be a regular date - it's slipping by a few days each month.
To be honest, I'm relaxed about it. It gives me more time to pay.

My last payment will be in about 8 months time, so don't hold your breath.

Happy to post pictures, but I suspect others will have theirs before me.

Phil
Pushed to May but with improvements from FB:

Sixteen12
September 26 at 4:40am ·
RELEASE UPDATE:
Production of our 44inch EAGLE TRANSPORTER STUDIO REPLICAS continues apace.
The decision to upgrade all spine and all cage framework to hand soldered steel construction, while creating the ultimate in strength and adding to the authenticity of each replica, this method of construction is extremely time consuming and will have an impact on scheduling.
Revised release is end of the first quarter of 2018 of EAGLE ONE, RESCUE EAGLE and VIP EAGLE.
We will have final conformation shortly.
As the majority of our customers have taken advantage of our 12 month payment plan, this will tie in perfectly with the release of our Studio Scale Replicas.
For those not already aware: after the decision go with full steel frame construction and ensure that your LIMITED EDITION STUDIO SCALE EAGLE TRANSPORTER is the ultimate in personalized exclusivity – along with sequentially numbered and hand signed certified aluminium plaque, our manufacturing agent DRUMWELL LTD are having their engineers photograph every stage of each model during its production. From casting through to hand painting - these images will be captured on a Corresponding Edition Numbered Memory Card that will be included with your EAGLE TRANSPORTER STUDIO REPLICA - plus a Hand Signed Certificate of Production Quality by C.E.O of Drumwell Ltd.
IMAGES FOLLOWING NEXT MONTH OF PAINTED PRE-PRODUCTION 44inch LABORATORY EAGLE TRANSPORTER WITH SPINE BOOSTER SET!
Daryl Davies
Studio Manager

Agreed, I can build a much better model of an Eagle from a Round2 kit than these guys can make a diecast, plus I get the pleasure of building it!

Agree also but I don't think those large Eagles are diecast. From what I've heard they're resin and steel for the spine.

I'll be buying more of their diecasts including the retro Dinky coloured ones.

pjskeldon

Alphans
If anyone can build a better one themselves, I genuinely respect you.
However, I'm very aware I'm not in your league.

This is the only way I'll have something like this.

I won't be able to look at it and take pride in saying 'I made that', I know.
But it'll still put a great big grin on my face and bring back good memories of watching Space:1999, as it was first broadcast, back in the 70's. Yes, I might even make the sound of it blasting off!

Back then, I'd make dioramas using books, a dust sheet and liberal sprinkling of cement powder. Then photograph my Airfix Eagle hanging from fishing line in front of a black velvet background using a 35mm camera. Sometimes I'd even try double exposing another Eagle position with just the velvet.

Looking at the photos now, they're crude but I remember the thought and work involved and I still have a soft spot for them.

If I had the skills to make a 44" Eagle I'm sure I'd be just as proud.
However, I'm willing to admit I'm just a Salieri and not a Mozart.

If the product turns out to be a lemon, I won't be backward in saying so.
However everything I've seen so far bodes well for a quality product for the price.

Thanks for yor time,

Phil.

cerealkiller

Alphans
If anyone can build a better one themselves, I genuinely respect you.
However, I'm very aware I'm not in your league.

This is the only way I'll have something like this.

I won't be able to look at it and take pride in saying 'I made that', I know.
But it'll still put a great big grin on my face and bring back good memories of watching Space:1999, as it was first broadcast, back in the 70's. Yes, I might even make the sound of it blasting off!

Back then, I'd make dioramas using books, a dust sheet and liberal sprinkling of cement powder. Then photograph my Airfix Eagle hanging from fishing line in front of a black velvet background using a 35mm camera. Sometimes I'd even try double exposing another Eagle position with just the velvet.

Looking at the photos now, they're crude but I remember the thought and work involved and I still have a soft spot for them.

If I had the skills to make a 44" Eagle I'm sure I'd be just as proud.
However, I'm willing to admit I'm just a Salieri and not a Mozart.

If the product turns out to be a lemon, I won't be backward in saying so.
However everything I've seen so far bodes well for a quality product for the price.

Thanks for yor time,

Phil.

Well said dear Phil. I have finally decided to purchase Eagle 1 and also the Ultra Probe and Moonbuggy! Very excited for these!

I always wanted an Ultra Probe CM and when Sixteen-12 announced they were going to make it, I wanted it but was concerned about the price and size. It was in scale with the 44" Eagle and 19" long - a bit bigger then I would like. I mulled it over for a long time, and I figured the price would be a bit more than the 22" Eagle so it was at the upper scale of what I was willing to pay. I put my name on the list and a few days later, Sixteen-12 announced the price - at least twice of what I thought it was going to be! I dropped out of it fast. If they made it 10" long (in scale with the 22" Eagle) and about 1/6th the cost, it would be more affordable and I would get it. At that size and especially that cost, no way.

cerealkiller

Alphans
I always wanted an Ultra Probe CM and when Sixteen-12 announced they were going to make it, I wanted it but was concerned about the price and size. It was in scale with the 44" Eagle and 19" long - a bit bigger then I would like. I mulled it over for a long time, and I figured the price would be a bit more than the 22" Eagle so it was at the upper scale of what I was willing to pay. I put my name on the list and a few days later, Sixteen-12 announced the price - at least twice of what I thought it was going to be! I dropped out of it fast. If they made it 10" long (in scale with the 22" Eagle) and about 1/6th the cost, it would be more affordable and I would get it. At that size and especially that cost, no way.

It's more than I would like to pay for sure...but with such a low edition size I feel confident it will hold it's value. Just look at the Hawk Mk IX from PE WoW do they go for a lot!!!:wtf:

pjskeldon

Alphans
I recently dropped out of the Ultra probe offer. Looks very nice but about twice the cost I was expecting - considering how much less complicated it would appear to be to manufacture than a 44" Eagle.

Phil

I recently dropped out of the Ultra probe offer. Looks very nice but about twice the cost I was expecting - considering how much less complicated it would appear to be to manufacture than a 44" Eagle.

Phil

So, I'm not the only one who thought that the Ultra Probe CM was twice the cost that I expected. Given the size (19" long), I expected the cost to be in the same ballpark of their 22" Eagle and got a huge shock that it was double the cost. And as you stated, the Ultra Probe CM is less complicated, as well as it doesn't come with a display case!! So how can the 22" Eagle, being about the same length, more complicated construction AND came with a display case ends up being much cheaper than the Ultra Probe CM???? The only argument you make is that Sixteen-12 are making 'only 100' instead of 1,000 and are using aluminum for the 4 main engine nozzles and that is suppose to justify doubling the cost? No thank you. Like I said above, they need to make it smaller, about 10" long (in scale with the 22" Eagle) and have the cost being no more the 2x the cost of the 12" Eagles ($200 - $400 CAD) and make about 1,000 of them and they will sell!

cerealkiller

Alphans
So, I'm not the only one who thought that the Ultra Probe CM was twice the cost that I expected. Given the size (19" long), I expected the cost to be in the same ballpark of their 22" Eagle and got a huge shock that it was double the cost. And as you stated, the Ultra Probe CM is less complicated, as well as it doesn't come with a display case!! So how can the 22" Eagle, being about the same length, more complicated construction AND came with a display case ends up being much cheaper than the Ultra Probe CM???? The only argument you make is that Sixteen-12 are making 'only 100' instead of 1,000 and are using aluminum for the 4 main engine nozzles and that is suppose to justify doubling the cost? No thank you. Like I said above, they need to make it smaller, about 10" long (in scale with the 22" Eagle) and have the cost being no more the 2x the cost of the 12" Eagles ($200 - $400 CAD) and make about 1,000 of them and they will sell!

Today from Sixteen 12:

Dear Collector

As someone with their name on the reserve list for our forthcoming Space: 1999 STUDIO SCALE 1/24 scale ULTRA PROBE COMMAND MODULE, we want to inform you that we have placed production of this studio replica on HOLD while we review other manufacturing options with the aim fo reducing the selling price.

Unfortunately, the sourcing of agents in the Far East capable of this level of detail and quality, AND very low edition sizes, is very difficult indeed - and comes at a premium cost.

We are currently looking at the feasibility of manufacturing the Ultra Probe Command Module in the Far East and then having our artists carry out the painting and decoration at our studios here in the UK.

We will have an update for you shortly, and one that will hopefully allow this wonderful model to proceed into full production and release.

In the meantime you will be kept on the reserve list under no obligation.

cerealkiller

Alphans

The price was to high yes for the Ultra Probe CM . That being said there are only 7 left that are not yet allocated...

You know that 22 inch Eagle price is 10+ years old right? Also, those Eagles quality left much to be desired.

Last edited:
I know that they are over 10 years old. The price for the new 12" Eagles are a small bump in price compared to the old ones from that time period, so I assumed that there would be a 'small' bump in price for the this - I was adding about $200 CAD from what I paid for their 22" Eagle. I also know about the quality problem - mine has the front spine curve upwards and has separated the front left cage. Right out of the box. It needs to be repaired. Their 44" Eagles look better quality as does the Ultra Probe CM. It's great that they are trying to bring down the price, but I don't see it coming down by half. Before the price was listed I was looking for a big display case that this would fit in and it's very difficult to find one. I've been waiting so loooonnnngggg for an Ultra Probe CM and it looks like more waiting.

badsimmonds

Alphans
When these first came available I did reserve an Eagle Transporter but I eventually cancelled it because of the cost. Ever since I've regretted that decision so I've now reserved a Laboratory Eagle, I know its more money but there were no Eagle 1's left so now I'm selling everything I can bare to part with to pay for it.
Its a lot of money but its the only way I could have a 44" eagle as I could never build one.

cerealkiller

Alphans
When these first came available I did reserve an Eagle Transporter but I eventually cancelled it because of the cost. Ever since I've regretted that decision so I've now reserved a Laboratory Eagle, I know its more money but there were no Eagle 1's left so now I'm selling everything I can bare to part with to pay for it.
Its a lot of money but its the only way I could have a 44" eagle as I could never build one.

I would recommend being added to the Eagle 1 wait-list and switching if one comes available.

Jonathan E

Alphans
That's if these Eagles ever MATERIALISE!
I had preordered an Eagle, but dropped out as the price rose and the release date was pushed back. I remember all the other Scarlet vehicles and film subjects they promised, that never saw the light of day.
I hope they do appear but I'm very dubious.

badsimmonds

Alphans
I believe the Ultra Probe has come down in price by £300 which is still a bit expensive.
I had ordered and paid the deposit for a Laboratory Eagle which I hoped to pay for by selling some items but unfortunately I didn't sell a thing so I'm withdrawing from this purchase. I've been in touch with Sixteen12 about a refund but no luck yet.
I'm gutted I had to do this as I really wanted a 44" eagle, I suppose I'll get over it one day.

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Alphans
I believe the Ultra Probe has come down in price by £300 which is still a bit expensive.
I had ordered and paid the deposit for a Laboratory Eagle which I hoped to pay for by selling some items but unfortunately I didn't sell a thing so I'm withdrawing from this purchase. I've been in touch with Sixteen12 about a refund but no luck yet.
I'm gutted I had to do this as I really wanted a 44" eagle, I suppose I'll get over it one day.

The first batch of 44's (Eagle 1 , Rescue & VIP) are pushed back yet again to November. I would think this would also push back Freighter & Lab from the current November date giving you at least 4-6 months to come up with the funds.

badsimmonds

Alphans
The first batch of 44's (Eagle 1 , Rescue & VIP) are pushed back yet again to November. I would think this would also push back Freighter & Lab from the current November date giving you at least 4-6 months to come up with the funds.

I was depending on selling some stuff to pay for it so the problem still exists.
If I continue with the purchase then it will leave me a bit short money wise each month.
If I had planned this better I should have started to save ages ago.

cerealkiller

Alphans
Prototype packing and dimensions

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited: