Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Sky 1 cutaway

Sky1Driver

Alphans
I have not seen any cutaways of Sky 1. Except for the one in the 1981 Japanese book (same one as the Lunar Module cutaway and with this post).

Well, I sketched out a basic version of my own. The VTOL engines are similar to the ones in the Doppelganger lifting body in "Journey To The Far Side of the Sun." The air is diverted to the VTOL engines from the air intake tunnel.

I assume Sky 1 was nuclear powered.

Again, this illustration is not canon. Just did it as an exercise. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_8398 copy.jpg
    IMG_8398 copy.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Sky1 interior copy.jpg
    Sky1 interior copy.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Thank you! I left out the landing gear to allow it to land on the ground. There isn't enough room to put it in. If there was, I would envision Sky 1 having landing skids and would land using its VTOL engines. The skids would take up less room and be less complex. I might add a drawing of it later in this post.

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Here is the drawing. I forgot to explain FOD stands for Foreign Object Damage. One of the biggest enemies of jet engines.

Attachments

• Sky1 landing gear.jpg
    Sky1 landing gear.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 17