Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Soyuz Launch Pad Completed

saturnapollo

Alphans
Finally (after more than 3 months) completed the Soyuz launch pad. Some artistic licence was required so I'm not claiming complete accuracy. Here are some photos just taken with a flash and hopefully sometime in the next few days get the "proper" photos done.

Keith

Attachments

• Soyuz pad 19.jpg
    Soyuz pad 19.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Soyuz pad 14.jpg
    Soyuz pad 14.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Soyuz pad 16.jpg
    Soyuz pad 16.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Soyuz pad 17.jpg
    Soyuz pad 17.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 33

w8cmp

Alphans
Absolutely beautiful...when's the kit coming out ?

I presume we shall see this in the IPMS magazine ?

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks very much Chris!

If only this could be made into a kit. A matter of laboriously sticking one bit of plastic rod onto another!!!! With the exception of the peripheral railings and the odd N guage ladder, totally scratchbuilt.

Might do an article too though not sure I can describe some of the things I had to make very well.

By the way, unlikely to be a Telford this year. Hotels are getting a bit expensive, otherwise I would have taken this with me.

Keith

JMChladek

Alphans
Oh my!!!!! Most complex launch gantries tend to be a bear to build (the older they get, the more complex they get as more stuff gets stuck on them). This one is certainly a work of art though for all you did to it!

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks very much Jay. Russian equipment aren't the easiest of things to replicate and of course I compounded the difficulty level by requiring that all the gantries retracted for the photography.

By the way, Chris. Got an hotel booked for Telford and assuming I can figure out how to package and transport this thing will have it on the table!

Keith

HUNCH

Alphans
You do some incredible work Keith, and this is no exception. Beautiful job as usual.:thumbup:

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thank you very much everyone.

Here are the first of the "real" photos. I might do one or two more. Decided that the floodlight towers appear in too many photos of the real thing to leave them out. Luckily parts from the Revell North Sea oil rig kit are very close to the design of the pad towers.

Keith

JD

Alphans
Terrific stuff! I love the snow shot - great sense of scale!

parts from the Revell North Sea oil rig kit

:thumbup: Fun kit to bash! I got to use one on a filming miniature many years ago; unfortunately it costs a bit much over here for me to use it myself.

saturnapollo

Alphans
I love the snow shot - great sense of scale!

Thanks JD. Wasn't sure about the snow one as I was following an on-line tutorial and it was my first attempt.

Over the years I've acquired 5 oil rigs as it is a brilliant source of bits and girders etc. and I've often made use of them in scratchbuilds.

Keith

Keith- - absolutely amazing model and photos!
Once again I'm blown away by the talent on these forums. Well done!:clap:

B.P.

Fun Pod

Alphans
Keith, you must have the patience of a saint - a fantastic result! :thumbup: I agree with JD and B.P.: those 'real world' elements like snow and field grass - things we can relate to, really bring your comps alive. 8)

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks very much everyone. Comments are very much appreciated. Glad you liked it. I'm glad I persevered with it, albeit started it two years ago:)

Keith

CR

Alphans
You did that in only two years? (Man, I really, REALLY have to finish some projects!)
Beautiful work & great photography/manipulation! :thumbup:

saturnapollo

Alphans
You did that in only two years?

Eh, no. I didn't word that quite right and gave the impression I worked on it for that length of time.

I started it two years ago, did a few weeks work on it and gave up on it and put it in the attic. Dug it out again this April and spent about three months work on it.

Keith

Last edited:

Doomsday

Alphans
Yeah Keith, you are brilliant at these photos.
Great stuff.
Your perspective is bang on with these.
Like I know what I'm talking about!! ha ha