Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Space 1999 CGI

shornak

Alphans
I have been admiring the many Star Trek related CGI footages on You Tube, especially those from Hike Animation. But I see little to no good CGI from Space 1999. Is there anyone out there that is good with CGI that is working on Space 1999?

skiffy

Alphans
I like the second one better - the eagle and base are a little more accurate. There's another part to it where the eagle takes off, with some nice animation and jet effects.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5EFwhtxPko[/ame]

That's the way I want to tackle it. Shame about the shape of the CM and the stuck-on cockpit view though.

I agree. I wish there was more interest from people to see more great CGI like that.

There's most probably more interest than you think. I love to see Gerry Anderson craft done in cgi [ as long as the cgi's good of course ].

I'm all for special effects enhancements in the original show too.

skiffy

Alphans
The work that you are doing it is going to be CGI that will be in a movie form?

This model was started as part of Eric Bernard's 'Space 2099' project, which I did some CGI effects work for.

I decided to finish the eagle, and put it in a typical setting. I may do some short animations as seen above, and I'll definitely (eventually) do some large-scale renders for prints.

shornak

Alphans
I would like to see enhancements as well. I went back and watched all the Star Trek TOS episodes that were remastered.

I've watched Trek remastered too and most of it's a big improvement. They were supposed to be doing something similar called Space 2099 - but that seems dead in the water now.

skiffy

Alphans
Thanks for the links but no new news. They've had those up for ages without any updates so I assume it's all gone tits up.

I haven't been in touch with Eric for quite a while, so it could be the case that he's taken Space 2099 as far as he possibly can - since to do what was done with Trek would take serious funding.

Becco_UK

Alphans

shornak: Here is my 3D Eagle Transporter for you to see. Is that looking real enough?

Last edited: