Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Space 1999 Launch Pad model kit

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
Is anyone interested in a launch pad model kit? Jim Small did one a few years back but has since sold the pattern and molds. I know for a fact if I got enough serious interest in it, the guy who has them now would make a remastered run this winter. The pictures are of Jim Smalls launch pad and of part of one with the guys swift model. So if your interested let me know. I'm new here so help me out with getting this around please. Contact me and I will get you the price for this kit. See my post in the Launch Pad section.

Last edited:

Alex Dumas

Alphans
I might consider a small rerun if there is enough demand. I might even remaster some parts or at least reingineer the breakdown a bit to drop shipping charges and ease casting.

This kit is huge and very labor intensive to produce. The reruns would probably be around $400 and $500... It's just a wild guess.

You can manifest your interest in this thread but don't hold your breath for now ;)

Harlock

Alphans
This kit needs work, but it is a nice (and very big) addition to a Space1999 collection.

Here is the result I achieved with this kit.
To get an idea of the size of the kit, the diorama is 1,20 x 1 meter.

Alex Dumas

Alphans
Incredibly well done! :clap:

Is your platform animated or do you just put something underneith to vary the level?

Last edited:

Harlock

Alphans
Incredibly well done! :clap:

Is your platform animated or do you just put something underneith to vary the level?

Salut Alex
Tu ne l'as pas reconnu ? Je suis déçu ;)

Back to english.
Yes it is motorized with a labjack plugged to an electric screwdriver.
This is a temporary solution (there are some vibrations), and I am still looking for a better one.

The wip of the diorama is depicted on my blog, and in 21st century modeller #2 (one of Mike Reccia/SF&FM magazines)

So lifelike...

Harlock, show me an Eagle fan who wouldn't like to have one of your launch pads - most of us will just have to dream....I'll tell you how lifelike it is - the picture of the starboard side of the Eagle doesn't show any of the surrounding features in your garden. It's like Alpha bathed in very strong bright sunlight - that's how sharp it looks.

A wonderful piece of work - and it works too, on at least two levels!

Kindest regards

Patrick

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Nesting Eagle...

Harlock, show me an Eagle fan who wouldn't like to have one of your launch pads - most of us will just have to dream....I'll tell you how lifelike it is - the picture of the starboard side of the Eagle doesn't show any of the surrounding features in your garden. It's like Alpha bathed in very strong bright sunlight - that's how sharp it looks.

A wonderful piece of work - and it works too, on at least two levels!

Kindest regards

Patrick

I'll second Patrick's remarks - it's a little world unto itself! A beautiful effort... :yes: