Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Space 1999 - The Video Game

chrisu

Alphans
Hi folks,

I'm new in this forum but not new to the topic alpha at all. I just bought me the full series special limited DVD set and got was caught by it's own kind of spirit just like 25 years ago. :brows:

In relation to that a wish in me grew up creating a video game with the topic Space 1999. Well I'm quite familiar with programing and creating games so it shouldn't be just fiction. :think:

Would you also appreciate a game for 1999 and which kind of game should that be - first person, isometric style, 3rd person, adventure, simulation, etc.?
Please tell me your ideas and wishes to such a game.

Greets,

chrisu.

Stu73

Alphans
Hi!

A game huh? Simulator with combat in it- choose between flying Eagle, MkIX Hawk and even a Dorzak(?) ship...

Multiple roles, multiple missions...

All Eagles, LAUNCH!!

Hell yeah. I'd buy that for a dollar

T70MkIII

Alphans
Great idea!

There would have to be an eagle simulation component - mission driven, not just fly and park, and some 1st person shooter stuff within each mission would be great too. You throw in some problem / logic solving in Main Mission and other lunar locations :thumbup:

Stu73

Alphans
oh-oh-oh- and fighting some bug eyed monsters on the lunar surface (preferably with over the top 70s jazzy action music!!!) :D:

chrisu

Alphans
Well, first of all, thx for the warm welcome! :thumbup:

My ideas about a game are something like ...
* a fully functional area and environment - vehicles f.e.
* first-person playing when not in a vehicle
* automatically generated missions - at least no static story
So, that would be a pure simulation I think. :think:

What you think? Ideas? Wishes? Suggestions?

Cheers,

Chrisu.

Stu73

Alphans
Definately a combat section flying laser equipped eagles and hawks. Lots of lovely shots of them being refuelled in the hangar, and coming up on lift platforms! Oh yes!

Also Missions to passing planets, and engaging alien craft!

chrisu

Alphans
Lots of lovely shots ...

OK, very nice, and fine with me, but this also leads to logical problem "when I fly my eagle, how can I watch myself flying?".

How would you solve this - considering the benifits of controlling an eagle from ego-perspective?

Cheers,

Chrisu.

T70MkIII

Alphans
"when I fly my eagle, how can I watch myself flying?".

I am usually very happy flying from the cockpit, as it were, as long as I can see enough of the action in front of me, and have a few optional HUDs. Perhaps the ability to toggle the camera to a variety of positions would satisfy everyone?

This is getting more complex for you by the minute!

Stu73

Alphans
I am usually very happy flying from the cockpit, as it were, as long as I can see enough of the action in front of me, and have a few optional HUDs. Perhaps the ability to toggle the camera to a variety of positions would satisfy everyone?

Definately. In the Knight Rider game (for example), you can control KITT from inside where you see the dash, or in front (i.e. no car to be seen) or two 'camera views' outside the vehicle

Stu73

Alphans
why not just go for an all out arcade shooter-

Eagle Vs. Hawk?

Yes I know the Hawk is far more suited to warfare and combat, but you could work it out so that it is do-able. Flying in any craft you want is also important.

chrisu

Alphans
Well, a bunch of views more just don't make it harder to develop, because they're just cameras which are highly supported by todays 3D-Engines. What really is question of time or resources is the artwork - but relating to that, I hope that some of the brilliant 3D-artists in here can give me a helping hand or supply me with models, renderings, terrains, and so on. Also audio-stuff is something I highly recommend the community to help out, especially with voice, speech and dialogs, because as for sure you can see, i'm not an English native speaker.

What makes a game (and generally every project) more complex are lack of definitions, so it's really good to have this kind of collective, threaded thinking and brain storming.

Cheers

Chrisu.

Transporter

Alphans
I'd prefer an adventure game combined with a shooter. Like the 007 games for PS2 or so. But I always like a story behind a game.

Dr Kane

Alphans
I'm with Transporter - an adventure in interactive environments would be nice. One where you drive a moon buggy, get from A to B in a travel tube, creep around alien spaceships & planets, ask Computer for advice and fully explore Alpha. Let's say your character has been assigned by JK to investigate something. You go on to fly the Eagle, meet aliens, escape from said aliens's clutches, foil their plot, get chased around Alpha or a planet surface, defuse nuclear charges in the nick of time, confront a traitor & have a shootout in the Eagle hangar, etc.

I would hope to retain the sense of wonder from the series and not just make it 'secret agents in space', though.

CR

Alphans
I would hope to retain the sense of wonder from the series and not just make it 'secret agents in space', though.

I'm with Dr Kane on his whole post, but this last point of his really drives home the most important bit!

T70MkIII

Alphans
I'm with Transporter - an adventure in interactive environments would be nice. One where you drive a moon buggy, get from A to B in a travel tube, creep around alien spaceships & planets, ask Computer for advice and fully explore Alpha. Let's say your character has been assigned by JK to investigate something. You go on to fly the Eagle, meet aliens, escape from said aliens's clutches, foil their plot, get chased around Alpha or a planet surface, defuse nuclear charges in the nick of time, confront a traitor & have a shootout in the Eagle hangar, etc.

I'm with Dr Kane on his whole post, but this last point of his really drives home the most important bit!

Hear Hear!

Happy to help with scripting any dialog, Chrisu.