Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Space 1999 - The Video Game

chrisu

Alphans
hm, i played with thoughts about AFTER the second year. :think:

but one things clear: i don't want to fully REMAKE any of the episodes. :thumbdown:

chrisu

Alphans
good idea, but wouldnt that be kind off inconsistent in relation to the youtube-video posted the previous page? or would it be fancy to have the game set NOT on the moon but on planet TERRA ALPHA as proclaimed in the video?

Stu73

Alphans
good idea, but wouldnt that be kind off inconsistent in relation to the youtube-video posted the previous page? or would it be fancy to have the game set NOT on the moon but on planet TERRA ALPHA as proclaimed in the video?

Sorry,
I never really bothered about that wee video thing.

T70MkIII

Alphans
I can't remember what happened at the end of season 2. Did the moon go into orbit around TA, or did the Alphans jump off as it was passing?

If the former, setting it after season 2 would give you more scope for flexibility, as gameplay on the moon and TA gives you more potential environments to keep player interest high.

However, (and if the latter) you could set it anytime in the first or 2nd series (or between) and stage it as a series of missions based on dealing with a different alien planet or space/physics issue that needs to be solved. Thus each mission feels like an 'episode' to the player.

I think either has its merits. The first allows you a lot of freedom, and the second could be very true in spirit to the TV show.

chrisu

Alphans
Hm, a scenario of moon in the orbit of a planet sounds interesting, but then the impression of time runnin out because of the moon's movement would disappear.

Anyway, I have another, let me say fundamental question ... As I already said, I used photorealistic textures for the launching pad so that it looks really nice but these are NOT the ones used in Alpha. The colors are almost the same and all the things that are relevant stay also the same but for things like the inner and outer walls of the launching pad - so, not the top, of course, just the walls - I chose other, more realistic textures, e.g. scratched metal for inner walls and real bunker textures for the outer ones. Btw. I have to say that it's much easier and faster for me to act that way because I'm not as good in texturing as in modelling and usable fotos of these - in relation to their relevance - secondary textures are hard to find. If anyone is good in texturing or has good and usable material for me, well that could change things. :brows:
So what about ya feelings about that stuff I wrote about? Is that acceptable or not or ...?

Please tell me. Thx.

Cheers Chrisu.

T70MkIII

Alphans
Nice to see your website up and running, and looking forward to some screen shots. Are you going to do a translated page?

chrisu

Alphans
The whole page will be in English - just the Disclaimer is in German because of the fact that I'm reusing an example for a disclaimer. I'm not good in that legal stuff :wtf: so I had to reuse it and I didn't find one in English; btw., the site is hosted in Germany and driven in Austria so I think a German Disclaimer is OK. If someone knows better or has an usable disclaimer example feel free to gimme a hint. :thumbup:

Cheers, Chrisu.

Dr Kane

Alphans
I've re-read the entire thread and I can find no mention of character voices. Chrisu, have you given any thought to voices/speech? Will we hear major characters such as John or Helena talking? If so, how would this be done?

chrisu

Alphans
Relating to speech and voices I thought about "Crazy Talk 5" which is very good in character animations and can work with "text to speech" software which I optimistically expect to somehow simulate voices.
But actually we're pretty far away from that ... milestone.

alienation

Alphans
I'm not into video games, but getting Landau, and some of the other famaliar voices would be great.
Catherine's sexy Hungarian accent, for example....

chrisu

Alphans
Yeah, of course, but I suspect that they're far out of my monetary bandwidth. :roll:

Btw.: There are already some screenshots of the creation process on my project site - for everyone who would like a taste.