Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Space1999eagle.com is gone :(

w8cmp

Alphans
I tried to order their posters several times, but their system would never take my (perfectly valid) credit cards for some reason...

It's a shame, because I thought these were real works of art and would have loved a set...

Chris

Eagle

Commander Ret.

As I posted over at space1999.net, they steadfastly refused to accept PayPal (BIG mistake, these days) and their communication via email was virtually non-existant.

Bad "customer" service, to be honest.

DX-SFX

Alphans
Presumably they had to renegotiate their licence with Granada fairly frequently. Maybe it wasn't worth their while renewing.

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Very nice product indeed, unfortunately the whole business was not run as efficiently as it ought to have been.

If you are a small business and go online you have to embrace the idea of using the likes of Paypal etc as you cannot afford to deter potential customers, which is unfortunately exactly what they did, and you absoultley must reply to e-mails. If you do not do this how do you expect people to want to make a purchase from you, so you are doomed to failure.

Zoidberg

Alphans
Has anyone here actually gotten a poster from them? I was able to download a bunch of their desktop images, but had the same problem when trying to order the poster once (wouldn't take credit card). I e-mailed them and asked for an alternate method of ordering, never heard from them, and promptly forgot about it.

Garuda

Forum Supporter
I ordered and received both posters early August last year. The blue one with the eagle in orbit I have put in frame and glass and keep on the wall beside my eagle cabinet. The other one, with the landing pad, I keep stored as I don't have enough wall space right now.

I paid with VISA and received them very promply, no complaints there. The orbit poster is signed by Bergeron and numbered 86 out of 1500. So I guess they didn't sell too well. But I am happy to own them, as they are really beautiful. Printing quality is excellent.

I notice one of the posters in the avatar and recently posted photo by "eagletransporter".

Zoidberg

Alphans
I loved that "in orbit" one; that was the one I kept voting for. I wonder if the site is truly gone or if there's been a problem with their host or a domain issue.

They should've advertised it a bit more; some space on a few 1999 boards and/or via other vendor sites (like FABgear). Even as a partner on Amazon.com.

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Eagle wrote :
I offered to advertise it on the main site but...

How strange is that then, the thing is before their web site went live, they actually contacted me and asked if I would help promote the web site and the posters. Mind you that was quite some time ago now, and must be getting on for three years or even more thinking about it.

I had no problem doing that for that for them and I placed an image and a couple of text links on the site for them. I am not sure how much that helped them with sales though, as they never actually replied to any mail I sent them, including one asking how to make alternate paymments as, (like others had found), my credit card was refused for some strange reason.

Why on earth would they have contacted me to ask for assistance, yet turn free adverting down from other web sites who offered help. Like I said strange.

DX-SFX

Alphans
Don't Panic. Apparently there was an error renewing the domain name. They should be back up shortly.

w8cmp

Alphans
Good news...perhaps I'll be able to order some prints after all...if they will take my card :?

shrugger

Alphans
Thats good news. I think. After hearing all the mixed reviews above.
I for some reason, thought they accepted PayPal. And From the sound of
it, it would've increased sales quite a bit. Well, here's to hoping my card
works when it's back up :)

BrianS

Alphans
DX-SFX said:
Don't Panic. Apparently there was an error renewing the domain name. They should be back up shortly.

Hmm - considering it is now August, I think this is some use of the term 'shortly of which I was currently unaware. ;)

Seriously, did we ever find out what happened. I too would love to get a poster or two. Cant seem to find them anywhere.

Garuda

Forum Supporter
I wrote in another thread earlier this year:

"Richard Bergeron, the artist who makes (made?) the Eagle posters, was (is?) connected to the company Géo Alliance International in Canada.

If you're desperate to get hold of a poster, why not try to contact him through them? You never know, he might have some to sell. You will find contact information here:

http://www.geoalliance.com "

It's a long shot, I know, but why not try?

Howard

Forum Supporter
I really hope they continue to sell posters!
I only have a couple of desktop sized pictures, and I must say the detail is breathtaking.
I've often thought it would be a fantastic project to build a 44" Eagle with all the detail seen in these renders, as they make the Eagle look as though it's a real post NASA craft.

Howard.

dion1701

Alphans
Has anyone ever been able to contact Richard Bergeron? Why cant anyone create such a quality product as they had? Or someone who has one copy it and sell them. Yes I know copyrights so on but I am desperate. I may have to go to school for computer graphic design and then in four years make my own LOL