Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Spectrum Hovercraft

I spoke with UncleBill not that long ago and he's coming out with the Spectrum hovercraft AND also the Spectrum passenger jet. The SP Jet will be twice as long as the
Imai kit.

UncleBill does AWESOME kits!!!!

I spoke with UncleBill not that long ago and he's coming out with the Spectrum hovercraft AND also the Spectrum passenger jet. The SP Jet will be twice as long as the
Imai kit.

UncleBill does AWESOME kits!!!!

Wow looking forward to my hovercraft arriving and the passenger jet sounds awesome.....fingers crossed the moonmobile crops up

my hovercraft kit has arrived today and i must say extremely happy with the quality :). looking forward to starting this, has anyone got any ideas in what paint is best to use for the colour of this kit or any tips they would share?

kind regards

jamie

saturnapollo

Alphans
Main one is the fit between the deck and the skirt. It is so tight you have to be careful with the thickness of the glue. I used superglue and got it halfway in when it stuck and I had to use a hammer and chiosel to get it back out. You might have to sand it and certainly don't use superglue. If you use 5 minute epoxy, that is even thicker but will give you time to get it into place, but will almost certainly have to sand some material away.

Keith

saturnapollo

Alphans
A Passenger Jet in a decent scale would be fantastic !!!

That would indeed be great, but unfortunately as I scatchbuilt both it and a Spectrum Helicopter a couple of years ago as I had given up waiting on anyone doing these, I wouldn't be in the market for another one.

Keith

Thanks Tony.

The blue was a mixture of Humbrol 96 and some 109. Just mixed it until I arrived at a colour as close as that of the only available still of the hovercraft.

Keith

just read this and will come in handy :)
dont suppose you remember which number black and white you used?

So where did you get the kit from - always wanted a hovercraft

I'm not sure if it's the same one but UncleBill (William Oram) makes a Hovercraft kit as well.

UncleBill makes awesome kits, high detail and bubble free.

You can email him on Facebook, in the all sections alpha group or website.

I just found this pic of Doug Stirling's build on FB of UncleBills kit : You might have to ENTER : UNCL HOVERCRAFT KIT in the search windows if it does not come up

Last edited:

saturnapollo

Alphans
It's the same kit. Only UNCL have ever produced a Hovercraft kit. Timeless Hobbies (Tony James) sells the kit.

Keith

Last edited: