Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

SPV colour?

dazzo

Alphans
Hi guys,im building an SPV model almost ready for painting,i read that the colour is Zircon blue mettalic,anyone know which make of car and the year etc?,thanks.

DX-SFX

Alphans
For the record, there was a Zircon blue which was non-metallic available from 1965 to 1974. A metallic Zircon blue became available from 1981. Mentioned not because it's not a suitably close colour but just to dispel the myth that it is Zircon blue.

DX-SFX

Alphans
Zat is because zer myth flew too near to ze candle.

Don't blame me. Blame the Ault & Wiborg paint catalogue.

JD

Alphans
Ok...

Curse you, Ault & Wiborg paint catalogue! A pox on all thy pages!!

That'll learnit!

Bishop

Alphans
:lol::lol::lol: I have a feeling these guys just ground (grined however you spell it... sorry I'm kneeling on the floor typing this... all our chairs have gone to the new place) up old crayons for the colour of most of these vehicles. Try Zircon and keep weathering, shading etc until it gets close. You could try Corgi and see if they'll let you know what they painted their recent releases with. Also a nice colour to start working with.